`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what causes a surface grade on a card other than what beckett grading suggest?

what causes a surface grade on a card other than what beckett grading suggest?
i had a ottawa player 11-12 auto spa future watch and recieved a surface grade of a four.

has this happen to anyone else that sent in a card that had a surface grade so low for a recently made card?

RE: what causes a surface grade on a card other than what beckett grading suggest?
Yeah it happens. Most the time the surface will have a wrinkle, or an impression from something being pressed on it.

(01-29-2013, 10:22 AM)beckettdah Wrote: i had a ottawa player 11-12 auto spa future watch and recieved a surface grade of a four.

has this happen to anyone else that sent in a card that had a surface grade so low for a recently made card?
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

RE: what causes a surface grade on a card other than what beckett grading suggest?
Or just dust and grime. Did you wipe down the surface before submission?
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-29-2013, 10:22 AM)beckettdah Wrote: i had a ottawa player 11-12 auto spa future watch and recieved a surface grade of a four.

Was it a certified auto card? Sometimes this is a factor. I tried to find it, but I couldn't. If it's a certified auto'd card, the auto can affect your Surface subgrade.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!