`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Dads: Do your sons collect?

RE: Question for Dads: Do your sons collect?
My little man is 4 yrs old. Everything I've accumulated is for him so he can do what he wants when he's old enough. Hopefully he picks up the hobby. He does open all bubbled envelopes and packs so he does get a thrill ripping those open. Its so fun when he asks me " Who is this" " I tell him who it is and he repeats the name. Smile
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

I have 3 girls...10-9-7. All love going to baseball games (mainly for the food!) and really enjoy just being in a stadium full of fans screaming thier heads off and people watching. As far as card collecting, oldest could care less, but she helps me sort at times so we get some "talk time" between us. Youngest always wants cards (plus her own pokemon cards) but really just wants them to put into binders and complains about me "playing with your stupid baseball cards" instead of taking her roller-skating at 8pm on a tuesday night (lol). Middle one really enjoys opening packs and finding Phillies and "special" sparkle cards & inserts. I always hope when we are opening together that she finds the relics or auto's because I tell her she is my good luck charm and she gets so excited and and does a happy dance. They do enjoy card shows but it's more for the social aspect as they aren't into sports much and a Babe Ruth signed baseball to them is no different then if the guy next door signed one no matter how much I explain it to them.....he is just a "dead old man" to them (LOL). Oh well, maybe it will change in a couple of years (yea right!).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-31-2013, 12:45 AM)daddys lil all star Wrote: My little man is 4 yrs old. Everything I've accumulated is for him so he can do what he wants when he's old enough. Hopefully he picks up the hobby. He does open all bubbled envelopes and packs so he does get a thrill ripping those open. Its so fun when he asks me " Who is this" " I tell him who it is and he repeats the name. Smile
can't wait for this myself! our daughter isn't quite to saying more than a few dozen words -- or at least trying to mimic others but anytime she is in our bedroom she points up at the signed balls and chipper jones plaque and starts clammering about them --- if we ask her where chipper jones is she points up at him -- not that I think she recognizes the player but knows thats him on the wall.

same with her pile of about 30 cards she can pull out and identify her chipper jones if asked. (donruss top of the order game)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(01-30-2013, 10:34 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Someone tried in the form of MLB Showdown and it lasted about 4 years
I have a couple of the Showdown cards, but they were before my time, so I never really picked up on how the game worked.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*