`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i buy the weirdest cards

i buy the weirdest cards
As some of you know, i run a mantique business. That being said, i am always on the lookout for weird things that i can bring to my customers. Recently though...I've gone off the deep end. I've started buying vintage stuff in really poor condition for five dollars or less, getting them framed and matted, then selling them in my store as wall art. Oddly enough, they actually look really cool. Im heading to the framers tomorrow to pick up my redman Roy Campanella card, hopefully it looks awesome. I'll try and get a pic of it tomorrow for yall.

Has anyone else ever displayed cards like this? Or am I just nuts?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: i buy the weirdest cards
I wouldn't call it crazy. Back in 1990 my mom bought me a Twins team set that was framed and matted. Hung on my walls for years. Considering putting it back up now.
Kepler

Ive never thought of doing that but it sounds amazing! I'm gonna get myself a cheap Frank Robinson and hang it in my office!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Its retro now! Lol god i feel old lol

Lol me too....me too...you own an antique store though??? That's awesome!
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(01-27-2013, 01:26 AM)Socrkd55 Wrote: Lol me too....me too...you own an antique store though??? That's awesome!
Negative. I take out booth space, run a website, and take on clients (i design mancaves, im like a cool interior designer)

Ohhhh I gotcha! That's awesome! Ive always wanted to get a space at the antique store by my house
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Sounds like a rad idea to me. I have some 1968 topps commons in my org that I don't know who would ever want because a) they're common b) they're in OK shape... they're from my dad's childhood collection (he gave me anything he had duplicates of, saving the rest). I could see them looking pretty sweet in something like this.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

really sounds cool. I look forward to seeing a pic.

(01-27-2013, 12:00 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: As some of you know, i run a mantique business. That being said, i am always on the lookout for weird things that i can bring to my customers. Recently though...I've gone off the deep end. I've started buying vintage stuff in really poor condition for five dollars or less, getting them framed and matted, then selling them in my store as wall art. Oddly enough, they actually look really cool. Im heading to the framers tomorrow to pick up my redman Roy Campanella card, hopefully it looks awesome. I'll try and get a pic of it tomorrow for yall.

Has anyone else ever displayed cards like this? Or am I just nuts?
Was going to ask what that was but that was clarified below. Definatly post some pics, sounds real cool as i love vintage goodies.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered