IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Total Collection vs. Total Beckett

RE: Total Collection vs. Total Beckett
anyone know why collection value will not update in organize after adding cards

(09-11-2023, 06:33 PM)bluepark Wrote: anyone know why collection value will not update in organize after adding cards
The collection value SHOULD update after you add cards, then click "calculate current value."  Sometimes, brand-new prices do not immediately register as numerical values in the database.  In those cases, it usually resolves itself the next day.  If it takes longer or is some other situation, contact the support person for the specific sport.

(01-21-2013, 01:39 PM)corbin21 Wrote: Just a quick question that maybe someone can answer.  When I bring up a collection in organize "example" 2012 Topps.  I click on Total collection value and Total Beckett value and they both have the same amount.  What is going to make the two values different.  They seem to be the same in all of my collections.  Any help would be appreciated.
The behavior that I've seen since I've been a member (a year and a half) is different from the explanations given.  For example:  I have 10 cards in my Corbin Carroll collection.  Organize shows this:

Total Collection Value:  $111.00   Total Beckett Value:  $0.00

There are two "Calculate Current Value" buttons beneath those totals. When I click the one beneath Collection Value, only that total updates.  Same for the other button.  So, to continue the example, I clicked the second button and Organize changed to show this:

Total Collection Value:  $111.00   Total Beckett Value:  $111.00

As time goes on, I can update Collection Value with the first button (btw, that is the only way I can get that value to change; it does not happen automatically for me); but the second value will not change until I hit that second button.  

(09-12-2023, 10:25 AM)robyoung0516 Wrote: The behavior that I've seen since I've been a member (a year and a half) is different from the explanations given.  For example:  I have 10 cards in my Corbin Carroll collection.  Organize shows this:

Total Collection Value:  $111.00   Total Beckett Value:  $0.00

There are two "Calculate Current Value" buttons beneath those totals. When I click the one beneath Collection Value, only that total updates.  Same for the other button.  So, to continue the example, I clicked the second button and Organize changed to show this:

Total Collection Value:  $111.00   Total Beckett Value:  $111.00

As time goes on, I can update Collection Value with the first button (btw, that is the only way I can get that value to change; it does not happen automatically for me); but the second value will not change until I hit that second button.  
Becket Value is the total of Beckett High values in the collection.  Collection Value is the total of the Condition Value of the collection.  Beckett High assumes an NmMt(8) condition (something lower for vintage).  Condition Value takes into account the condition rating you give each card.  

You must hit the "calculate current value" button to update each.  I would hazard to say no member has either of those values updated automatically.

(09-12-2023, 12:17 PM)jmhorn Wrote: Becket Value is the total of Beckett High values in the collection.  Collection Value is the total of the Condition Value of the collection.  Beckett High assumes an NmMt(8) condition (something lower for vintage).  Condition Value takes into account the condition rating you give each card.  

You must hit the "calculate current value" button to update each.  I would hazard to say no member has either of those values updated automatically.
Good clarification.  I think I was multi-tasking and misread a post.  My bad. Thanks for being kind to me, jmhorn.  Smile