Leaf Heading To The Hall
Donruss Elite
Topps Black Gold (preferably 1993)
Donruss 90's Dominators

Looking Forward to hearing from you

RE: Looking to trade for...
can you check me for your 2 ripken rcs

I just sent and offer with all but one of the 1993 black gold set you are requesting and you cancelled? Was that on purpose or an accident?
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

I thought your offer was insulting, the book value on that set isn't that much, and you were trying to get me to give you 2 cal Ripken JR rookie cards... Only a fool would trade a single Ripken JR rookie card for a set filled with 30 cent cards.... Thanks anyway, next time be more realistic... The piazza card was decent, but still not worth what you were asking

(01-20-2013, 09:09 PM)Point401 Wrote: I just sent and offer with all but one of the 1993 black gold set you are requesting and you cancelled? Was that on purpose or an accident?

wow, ok. Well, my intention was to list the cards I thought you would want (hence the black and gold set, and the piazza) that way you didnt have to dig through my org to find them. Then I listed cards that I was interested in so you knew where I stood. The offer is a starting point and I thought I was doing you a favor by finding the cards you wanted.

Also, and maybe most important, I left a comment saying (and I'm quoting) "pls add/edit as you see fit and send back. I would love to get even one of the ripken rc's and then piece together the rest if need be."

I think you just cancelling instead of countering with what you are comfortable with is exactly the reason why people dont like trading here. You could have gotten the exact cards you posted about wanting, but instead cancelled because you were "insulted"... thats just silly. I dont ewven like the black and gold set and would have traded it for next to nothing...

So, if you can get over the "insult" I offered you, feel free to go through my org and individually add all 40 cards in that set and send it back over to me, because I'm not doing it again.
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

I apologize for not seeing the message that came with the trade. I have many of the Topps black gold you offered in my PC and wasn't going to add them to my ORG until I completed the set. So I just saw the trade and thought that we were really far apart on where we wanted the trade to be. That's all, I'm not giving up hall of famer RCs for a dozen 30 cent cards that indeed to finish a set... Thanks anyway.

(01-20-2013, 09:34 PM)Point401 Wrote: wow, ok. Well, my intention was to list the cards I thought you would want (hence the black and gold set, and the piazza) that way you didnt have to dig through my org to find them. Then I listed cards that I was interested in so you knew where I stood. The offer is a starting point and I thought I was doing you a favor by finding the cards you wanted.

Also, and maybe most important, I left a comment saying (and I'm quoting) "pls add/edit as you see fit and send back. I would love to get even one of the ripken rc's and then piece together the rest if need be."

I think you just cancelling instead of countering with what you are comfortable with is exactly the reason why people dont like trading here. You could have gotten the exact cards you posted about wanting, but instead cancelled because you were "insulted"... thats just silly. I dont ewven like the black and gold set and would have traded it for next to nothing...

So, if you can get over the "insult" I offered you, feel free to go through my org and individually add all 40 cards in that set and send it back over to me, because I'm not doing it again.