`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
NBA 50 Greatest PC 48/50

RE: NBA 50 Greatest PC 47/50
(05-30-2014, 07:51 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: What are your plans for the Maravich? There are a couple of cut autos out there (Chronology, Leaf, Exquisite, etc) but those sell for about $4-5k. Then there are PSA/DNA certified autos, many of which are ugly, but there are a few nice ones. I have one of them and I know that another collector has two - he's a die hard Maravich fan. I've not seen any other good ones though.
Yeah, I noticed that a lot of the PSA/DNA autos have very faded autos. I’m just playing the waiting game to see if one will pop up with a nice clean auto and try and grab it. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to spend the $ for a cut Chronology or Exquisite auto.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: NBA 50 Greatest PC 48/50
Well I finally got a Barkley to add to my collection! It's been so long since I picked up anything so I'm glad I found this one. Maybe if he starts to sign more licensed cards I'll pick one up then...his stuff right now is insane. (Rather get another nice MJ auto for that money). Now it's on to the hardest two!!

Thanks for looking.

[Image: 94F46B0E-6546-425B-BA84-16800888B4C4_zpsp2s4ybb4.png]

(01-05-2015, 03:40 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: Well I finally got a Barkley to add to my collection! It's been so long since I picked up anything so I'm glad I found this one. Maybe if he starts to sign more licensed cards I'll pick one up then...his stuff right now is insane. (Rather get another nice MJ auto for that money). Now it's on to the hardest two!!

Thanks for looking.

[Image: 94F46B0E-6546-425B-BA84-16800888B4C4_zpsp2s4ybb4.png]
Great pickup man! I am still two away from completing my set and doubt I will anytime soon either. I need probably the two you need as well: Wilt and Pistol Pete? Great card though man, the USA card looks nice!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(01-05-2015, 08:23 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Great pickup man! I am still two away from completing my set and doubt I will anytime soon either. I need probably the two you need as well: Wilt and Pistol Pete? Great card though man, the USA card looks nice!
Thanks! Yeah, this one took months to grab so I'm assuming it's going to be some time for the wilt and pistol. Hope we both end up finishing at some point!

You hit the nail right on the head there man. His stuff is stupid expensive. I personally want one for my Dream Team PC and am holding out hope that I'll get a licensed auto. A certified auto like that in the Dream Team uniform though is about as good a substitute as I could hope for. Great card man!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-06-2015, 11:10 AM)buckunteer Wrote: You hit the nail right on the head there man. His stuff is stupid expensive. I personally want one for my Dream Team PC and am holding out hope that I'll get a licensed auto. A certified auto like that in the Dream Team uniform though is about as good a substitute as I could hope for. Great card man!
Thank Buck! Who else do you need for your dream team collection? I'm just hoping that at some point he'll sign more so those certified auto prices drop! I'm still going to keep my eye out for "cheaper" certified autos, if I ever do I can alway move this one out your way.

I need the biggies other than MJ: Barkley, Ewing, Bird and Magic. I've been picky on the Bird/Magic. Had a dual auto /5 of them but it was in college unis so I sold it, hoping to get a dual NBA auto of theirs down the line. Barkley and Ewing? Too flippin expensive lol

I'm slowly trying to sell ones I have that aren't exactly what I want and upgrade. Like I have a leaf 1/1 plate auto of Pippen but would like to sell it to put the funds towards an early autographics pick up, stuff like that (you know me and 90s stuff haha). It'll be years before it's complete the way I'd like it, but that's part of the challenge!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Congrats on picking up the Barkley!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

I'm slowly trying to sell ones I have that aren't exactly what I want and upgrade. Like I have a leaf 1/1 plate auto of Pippen but would like to sell it to put the funds towards an early autographics pick up, stuff like that (you know me and 90s stuff haha). It'll be years before it's complete the way I'd like it, but that's part of the challenge!
[/quote]

Smart idea. When I built my top 50 collection, I compromised on a couple and got cards that I now wish I hadn't - needed more patience, but I was so amped up about finishing that I bought c couple I regret. I'm now replacing many of them with ones I like better.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

Here is a upgrade for my Drexler that I had...trying to get the remaining sticker autos I have to on card.

Thanks for taking a look.

[Image: F25EFFC7-EB6F-44A1-BC8E-12A78DB4199F_zpspmkuchgk.jpg]