`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone collect just one brand?

Does anyone collect just one brand?
I got my first box of A&G yesterday, and I didn't get anything big, but I loved the look and feel of the cards. I also like the randomness it comes with. I'm collecting just Rays cards. I'm thinking about only collecting A&G, because I liked them so much, with Bowman Chrome autos for the rookie cards. Does anyone here collect only one brand of cards?

RE: Does anyone collect just one brand?
lol - it would be a lot less expensive if i did! Nope - there were soo many sets that I liked this year that I went a little crazy in everything

I was the same way as Bntownfan, I bought way too much of a lot of different brands. This year though, in terms of what I rip, I'm sticking strictly to Bowman and a little bit of Topps Series 1/2, and just getting single cards frm other sets.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

I couldn't do just one brand, I would get bored way too fast. I plan on doing 3 at the most this year. If I had to stick to just one it would be either Ginter or Gypsy Queen. All of the subsets and minis could keep you busy all year long.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I for the most part just do Bowman Chrome stuff. I have in the past bought whatever box the card shop had and that got me a lot of common relic cards and no name autographs. I have a giant box full of them. In the past year I got hooked on Bowman Chrome and I am not looking back. So now I have a great Bowman Chrome Autograph stash and I also collect anything Derek Jeter as I am a huge Yankees fan.

oops - forgot to add - that I didn't really look at completing any set this year though - so i bought 1 box of this here and there. I might change my thinking with the 2013 cards coming out. I did have my favorites though - A and G, tribute (even though I only bought like 3 packs), chrome, and 5 star (lol). From what I have heard locally though - a lot of people really liked the museum set from this year - but I got into collecting a little to late to pick any of it up from my lcs - so I missed out on that.

Yeah I'm not looking to complete sets, I'm only interested in Rays, but if I find something "neat" I'm definitely keeping it Smile

I think it just depends on what your budget is and what players are in a particular product. I collect mostly prospects and bowman chrome draft and most other bowman offerings. This year i have already already opened Bowman Sterling and got some nice prospects as well as rookies. On card auto's are the best way to go in my opinion.

(01-17-2013, 11:20 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I couldn't do just one brand, I would get bored way too fast. I plan on doing 3 at the most this year. If I had to stick to just one it would be either Ginter or Gypsy Queen. All of the subsets and minis could keep you busy all year long.
LOVE the Gypsy Queen stuff. Only bought bits and pieces of it this year, but I'm finding myself looking for singles, etc. now. It really, really grew on me.
Kepler

(01-17-2013, 03:57 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: LOVE the Gypsy Queen stuff. Only bought bits and pieces of it this year, but I'm finding myself looking for singles, etc. now. It really, really grew on me.
I wish I could have bought a couple hobby boxes of 2011 GQ, would have liked to do that set as well. It's a great looking product.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]