`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Shipping

Shipping
This issue has really started to annoy me, so I wanted to see if anyone else is bothered by it. Sent in a card last week for 2-day service. It was graded on Friday, but FedEx tracking displayed the following message:
Package received after final location pickup has occurred. Scheduled for pickup next business day.

So, instead of getting shipped out Friday, it doesn't end up going out until Monday. I have been told that the FedEx driver hangs around Beckett until he has all the packages before he goes to the HUB. I doubt this happens to people that pay for next-day shipping, but I just pay for Ground and have it billed to my FedEx account.

Kinda frustrating and just wanted to vent.

RE: Shipping
EXACTLY.. this has happened to me pretty much EVERYTIME. You as a paying customer will get screwed out of a day (or more). BGS does not fully complete the GUARANTEED service. They ship AFTER the cut off time and drop it off at a location down the street with postage and consider it sent!

The cards are not on route. They are just sitting there at the location and won't really get shipped out until the next pick-up. On top, I would not want my cards just sitting around over the weekend at some holding location.. too risky for theft.. etc.

This is REALLY frustrating! BGS please fix it! For 10-day service please FINISH the job in 9 days, and mail off on the 10th day.. meaning en route.. on the way.. actually SHIPPED. How difficult is that?

Ive sent in about 20-25 orders and have never had this issue. I usually get mine in 2 to 3 days after the ship date and I select ground. There has been 2 instances where I had my order the next day. Of course I also make sure my cut off date wont fall on a Friday. I get my emails within a week to a week and a half and infact my order in now isnt due until the 11th (20 day service) and Ive had the email for a week now and the list is even posted to the site.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

This also occurs on days other than Fridays. I don't think it is Beckett's fault and I believe it falls more on the shoulders of FedEx. I may just contact FedEx about it...

Umm.. no.. this is fault of Beckett NOT Fed Ex. Beckett pretty much has 100% control of when an order is done and shipped. Time is already late in the evening before the shipping label is even printed.. way after cut-off times for getting it SHIPPED that day on the due date. Thus.. their fault for not making deadlines.

I have more than one example. EXTREMELY frustrating especially the Monday instead of Friday deadline which is a 3-day delay.. and worse another time that was 4 days because of a Monday holiday (instead of Friday it was sent on Tuesday). Refunds should be done for these and of course all e-mails to BGS were ignored! Their "guaranteed service or free" is seriously a joke. Over-promise and under-deliver. There's absolutely no reason it should be like that!

* Example 1 (Fed Ex Tracking 014116330623765)

- 3/09/2012 - Friday
5:46 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
6:42 pm In FedEx possession FARMERS BRANCH, TX
Package received after final location pickup has occurred. Scheduled for pickup next business day.

- 3/12/2012 - Monday
6:01 pm Picked up IRVING, TX
6:30 pm Arrived at FedEx location IRVING, TX

* Example 2 (Fed Ex Tracking 014116330647778)

- 5/29/2012 - Tuesday
7:55 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
8:28 pm In FedEx possession ADDISON, TX

- 5/30/2012 - Wednesday
6:32 pm Picked up IRVING, TX
8:05 pm Arrived at FedEx location IRVING, TX

Actually your anger is directed at the wrong source. If the Fed Ex Location is open til 11pm then all they have to do is get it there by 11pm. Its not their fault if they close early or if Fed Ex comes and picks up that locations shipments before 11pm. The fact that the tracking states the order was in Fed Ex's possession at the deadline they are cleared of any wrong doing. Just like you would be if you dropped it off at the Post Office at 4pm and they didnt send it on its way until the next day. Fed Ex is a 24 hour operation and should be held responsible for not picking up the available packages after hours like they are supposed to. One of them made it out at 6:30 and another made it out at 8:05 yet one was too late at 6:42 and another at 8:28 leads me to believe Fed Ex's final location pickup varies. Different hours for different locations does not make it Becketts fault that it didnt get shipped on time. They got it there before the location closed... Just like they say they will. All they have to do is meet the deadline, they dont have to beat it. Granted it would be nice to get things early but they did what they promised to do.
Manning PC

(02-07-2013, 01:58 PM)branesergen Wrote: Actually your anger is directed at the wrong source. If the Fed Ex Location is open til 11pm then all they have to do is get it there by 11pm. Its not their fault if they close early or if Fed Ex comes and picks up that locations shipments before 11pm. The fact that the tracking states the order was in Fed Ex's possession at the deadline they are cleared of any wrong doing. Just like you would be if you dropped it off at the Post Office at 4pm and they didnt send it on its way until the next day. Fed Ex is a 24 hour operation and should be held responsible for not picking up the available packages after hours like they are supposed to. One of them made it out at 6:30 and another made it out at 8:05 yet one was too late at 6:42 and another at 8:28 leads me to believe Fed Ex's final location pickup varies. Different hours for different locations does not make it Becketts fault that it didnt get shipped on time. They got it there before the location closed... Just like they say they will. All they have to do is meet the deadline, they dont have to beat it. Granted it would be nice to get things early but they did what they promised to do.
+1
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

NO.. sorry.. Beckett is in control. This has ZERO to do with how Fed Ex operates. Fed Ex and USPS APC's (Automated Postal Center) are open 24 hours. BUT there are clear CUT-OFF times to get packages in (otherwise they're just held until the next business day). I'm sure you've had USPS close their doors on you right during closing time.. sorry! They tell you to use the APC.. you drop it in the box.. and the NEXT day it goes. The day is DONE. Deadline has past. Nothing is happening. Nothing is shipped.

Postmarked and in possession of USPS or Fed Ex doesn't mean it's shipped. Beckett is simply cheating.. using a loophole in the system to get their orders out when in reality they're running behind in time (and missed the deadline). Beckett has plenty of time to plan and ship ahead of the cut-offs.. otherwise I don't see it being as considered shipped THAT DAY. Looks to be around 6pm but it's always an epic fail for them to make it. The difference of an hour or 2 on their end makes a huge difference for the customer (3 full days)!

It seems everyone here is happy with getting their cards back later rather than sooner though. If it's not a problem to you then fine - but this really is a flaw that needs to be fixed on part of Beckett. Plus, they're already tacking on an extra day when they receive the cards. LOGICAL - to me - would be to ship it early enough to make the cut-offs. To meet the deadline for the day. It's how things should be done. They should be held accountable for their guaranteed turnaround times. Right now they have poor planning and failed to meet their promise on multiple occasions.

Um ... If it says its in Fed Ex's possession then it was actually handed to the person at Fed Ex and scanned into the system. Where as an APC does NOT show that it was dropped off. Just like printing a label does NOT mark it in Fed Ex's system. Next day means by closing next day. It doesnt mean by Noon, it doesnt mean by 8am, it means SOMETIME that day. If that sometime comes 5 minutes to closing then guess what you get it 5 minutes til closing. This isnt just how Beckett thinks, this is in ANY type of business goes especially one that offers a guarantee. Beckett did their part - they got it there by the deadline they were supposed to have gotten it there. Once its in Fed Ex's hands and SYSTEM there is nothing they can do or are going to do. They fulfilled their end of the obligation. But none of what I say is going to matter to you or change your way of thinking so all I can offer you is this:

If you dont like it go somewhere else. Give PSA a try and see how you like their guarantee. Dont expect a company to change practices because 10 out of 1000 customers didnt plan and had their stuff being shipped on a Friday.
Manning PC

Right. I'm a dumb@$$ collector for planning out that Friday shipment from BGS. You're making it as though customers need to plan it out so items do not ship on Friday.. that should never be an issue. Most times there is a business day delay from them regardless if on Friday or not. But clearly nothing I say to you will change you mind as well because you're a Beckett Sr Member - 100% satisfied customer with BGS - perfect with every one of your 20-25 orders.

There's something called "end of business day" and this is the time where everything stops. Banks do not take deposits, companies don't accept payments, USPS and Fed Ex no longer accepts packages to be shipped THAT DAY.. and BGS fails to meet that time.. which makes it the same as shipping out the next day.. thus on their end they DID NOT fulfill their promiss. It's not rocket science.. or BRAIN SURGERY.

As a customer with 3 of my last 5 orders shipped LATE.. I fully expect BGS to correct this issue.. but they won't because that's just their mentality. In the end it's not really asking for much. REALLY.. 20-day service to get in done in 19 days and shipped off by the 20th day. BGS may be right at times but the customer is never wrong. I've graded with PSA numous times without any issue. Thank you.