Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Upper Deck and Poor Business Practices

Upper Deck and Poor Business Practices
Gentlemen,

I purchased a box of Upper Deck Ovation with the acceptance that there are two hits per box, as you all know there is nothing stated on a box that says a redemption is a hit and non-redeemable. Earlier this year Upper Deck lost a lawsuit because they do not redeem "expired redemptions".

Has anyone else had issues with this? I have called the past 4 business days and told the manager Kelly is not in her office. I sent an email to QA with her attention and have yet to hear anything back either.

Follow up: Just sent an email to the president of upper deck. Hope he actually reads his email.

RE: Upper Deck and Poor Business Practices
Do you have a link for the law suit, ive never heard about it. Its common knowledge that when you open older wax you may pull expired redemptions, its just the nature of the beast. UD site still states they do not honor expired redemptions. While I wish there would not be expired redemptions, I think it is neccessary.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

You can google Upper Deck loses redemption lawsuit. Basically someone didnt show up who worked for Upper Deck full time so they couldnt defend themselves. The judge only heard the guys side who filed the lawsuit and awarded him his asking price. I think if UD really tried to back themselves in the case it would have had a different outcome.

IMO if a redemption is expired too bad. Basically every product has redemptions in them whether we like it or not. UD is in a spiral downwards, I wouldnt expect anything if I was the OP.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

thanks crimedawg, i have now read the article. but come on, youre in this hobby and buy 10 cases of a 5 year old product and dont know there were expired redemption in them? i dont buy it. and its interesting the court used the beckett low values for the price.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(01-15-2013, 02:43 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: thanks crimedawg, i have now read the article. but come on, youre in this hobby and buy 10 cases of a 5 year old product and dont know there were expired redemption in them? i dont buy it. and its interesting the court used the beckett low values for the price.
Ya, once again all technicalities that I believe UD could have easily fought if they wanted to.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Got a response from the President. Pretty much said he apologizes that I have yet to hear from anyone, he will personally make sure someone reaches me before the end of business tomorrow and will rectify the situation.

Maybe something good will come of this afterall.