`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why dont people post more threads?

RE: Why dont people post more threads?
I have barely had time to jump on here and get up to speed on whats happening let alone start a new thread lol
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(01-12-2013, 01:31 AM)mik253 Wrote: Not sure what the problem is maybe it's just a dislike for phins fans. .....
This cant be true since there are maybe 6 of us out there lol. No way we have that much influence right?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Lots of reasons for the lack of traffic/threads/posts. First off, 75% of the time, its REALLY slow and I just give up. I thought it was my old PC but i got a new blazing fast one and this is the only site i frequent that is slow. (Ironically, the only site I Pay to use...)
Second, and I think someone else touched on this - seems like a lot of topics are off limits. Either locked by Mods (just doing your jobs - I know) or someone brings something up and gets ripped for their opinion.
And relating to these 2 points is that a lot of old posters have moved on to other sites for these and various other reasons.
Third, there most definitely is a "clique" mentality here. Sometimes I feel like I'm an outsider - even though I've been here since the beginning. So the outsiders might not post because they aren't part of the clique.
Finally, there are a few bullies on here. Its their opinion or the highway. THIS is the #1 reason I rarely post. I even brought one up to a mod at one point, but since he was part of the "clique" they actually defended him instead of calling him out. That was wrong IMO.
I talked a friend into coming here, he got ripped in one of his first posts, and hasn't come back, and I didn't blame him.
Anyway, a little civility goes a long way to making people feel more open to participating.
Thank you!
PS - Ironically, this might be the fastest I've ever seen this forum run Smile
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

^ The site is running pretty good right now, hope it lasts.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(01-12-2013, 12:33 PM)floydtown Wrote: ^ The site is running pretty good right now, hope it lasts.
Welcome Back!
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(01-12-2013, 11:56 AM)bselje Wrote: Lots of reasons for the lack of traffic/threads/posts. First off, 75% of the time, its REALLY slow and I just give up. I thought it was my old PC but i got a new blazing fast one and this is the only site i frequent that is slow. (Ironically, the only site I Pay to use...)
Second, and I think someone else touched on this - seems like a lot of topics are off limits. Either locked by Mods (just doing your jobs - I know) or someone brings something up and gets ripped for their opinion.
And relating to these 2 points is that a lot of old posters have moved on to other sites for these and various other reasons.
Third, there most definitely is a "clique" mentality here. Sometimes I feel like I'm an outsider - even though I've been here since the beginning. So the outsiders might not post because they aren't part of the clique.
Finally, there are a few bullies on here. Its their opinion or the highway. THIS is the #1 reason I rarely post. I even brought one up to a mod at one point, but since he was part of the "clique" they actually defended him instead of calling him out. That was wrong IMO.
I talked a friend into coming here, he got ripped in one of his first posts, and hasn't come back, and I didn't blame him.
Anyway, a little civility goes a long way to making people feel more open to participating.
Thank you!
I've noticed this as well. Luckily I've never been the person getting dogged, but I've noticed it happening plenty of times and for the smallest of things.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(01-12-2013, 11:56 AM)bselje Wrote: Third, there most definitely is a "clique" mentality here. Sometimes I feel like I'm an outsider - even though I've been here since the beginning. So the outsiders might not post because they aren't part of the clique.
I've heard that alot, but honestly I don't see these cliques myself. Maybe I'm too slow to see them. If I'm in one, can someone please let me know. And if I'm not, would someone like to claim me? Tongue

Don't feel like an outsider, bselje. If I clear waivers I'll be in your clique. Big Grin
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(01-12-2013, 11:56 AM)bselje Wrote: Lots of reasons for the lack of traffic/threads/posts. First off, 75% of the time, its REALLY slow and I just give up. I thought it was my old PC but i got a new blazing fast one and this is the only site i frequent that is slow. (Ironically, the only site I Pay to use...)
Thank you!
I used to feel this way when I first started posting. I would share a collection and there was always someone who would post something nicer on my post and say stuff like, "I bet you wish you had these...". A lot of those people moved on.

I haven't posted as much because of a move and frankly, I wasn't buying or impressed by the card companies or the hobby in general. The companies take advantage by lowering quality and value. The boards seem to be driven by speculator/sellers vs collectors. This is really apparent on other boards when it's all about reselling/flipping and what's something going to be worth in the long term. Who cares if you're a fan!

I understand the feeling about cliques. I believe it's more age specific. I'm in my 40's. most people I talk with are usually in their late 30's and above. It 's not personal....just a few more things in common from our sporting experiences.

I've stuck around because there were some really nice people and I've made some friends who have always made me feel welcome.

A lot of people also don't understand the difference between a good discussion or debate vs an argument. A lot of feelings get hurt with the latter.

A little civility and open mindedness goes a long way.

I mainly sign in via my phone but even when I'm on a computer.. This sight over the last few months has become unbearably slow! Minutes to load or for a post to go through makes me not want bother with either in all honesty. I keep taking lil breaks hoping to come back to it being fixed but no such luck. I'm sure that has alot to do with the drop in traffic and migration elsewhere.. Love the Beckett (mostly) good natured atmosphere but the lag is a major issue.

I agree with the cliques... I see it once in awhile where for example.. So and so supercollects say drew bledsoe and hes been on the boards forever.. he posts a sick auto he finally got for his collection and he gets like 60 replies on it... THEN say a 2 star member,just starting out gets a drew bledsoe a SICK 1/1 auto or something,hes super stoked to show it so he posts it and he gets maybe 2..3 replies tops. Kinda makes ya wonder "why bother?"
I try to post as much as i can anyway when i can load the site. I generally like everybody here except the ones who are " never wrong" or has an opinion.. for everything.

Its like the games people play on the posts with their cards like the first letter of the last name thread.. ill post a card EVERYDAY.. just to participate.. but theres only like 5 people who even do it now.. but i still do it.

ive been here almost 4 years?(cant remember) and i have alotve replies and almost 75 trades.. ill post threads and get good turn outs or bad turn outs, but ill never stop posting maildays or anything, simply because i like showing off my cards. Whether i get 6 replies and 1000 views.. im still showing off my cards and i guess thats what matters the most. Ill always be a helpful trader to everyone(or try to be) and im pretty straight forward and really enjoy this site alot.

[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.