`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question about short prints

Question about short prints
I know that some cards are short prints and super short prints. How do you know if they are? Is it numbered differently on the card or not?

RE: Question about short prints
Depends on the set:

Some short prints use different photos. 2012 Bowman and 2012 Bowman Draft for instance, the photos are very different and easy to see. 2010 Upper Deck the photos have a very minor difference and not so easy to spot them.

Some short prints only have a single version and are just much more rare. This was more common with stuff from the 90's and early 00's.

Some short prints have a different number. 2012 Topps Series 1 contained some short prints that were numbered higher than series 1 goes for instance.

The number one most common thing with short prints is the card companies have done an awesome job of making sure you can't identify them! /sarcasm

EDIT: Typos

Thus, I use sportscardradio.com visual guides.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-06-2013, 10:12 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Thus, I use sportscardradio.com visual guides.
Thanks. Really cool site. Any others that you guys use that are informative like that?

related to that -I know they don't release it, but any best guesses on how many are printed? I am thinking for Topps and Topps Update.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(01-06-2013, 10:12 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Thus, I use sportscardradio.com visual guides.
Same here love how they have actual pictures to compare
I also use this web site www.cardboardconnection.com...
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(01-07-2013, 10:13 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: related to that -I know they don't release it, but any best guesses on how many are printed? I am thinking for Topps and Topps Update.
I have yet to see any print run numbers for the SP's from Topps, while they say they are short printed I am starting to think they aren't "that" short printed. Look at the Rally Squirrel card. That thing is everywhere now.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

If I ever question a sp I look on ebay for both cards Smile