`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Funk

RE: In A Funk
I also agree that i'm in a funk as well. Mine is more because there is no cards in the area around here so that's depressing. I have taken up finishing up older sets that seems to be making me feel better. Although phil has impressed me and i like the idea of collecting the harder insert sets from the 90s, but i gotta go one set at a time. Smile
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Just have to say, no funk here. Got lots of holes in lots of sets, making trades and completing sets.... I agree it would be better to actually watch some live hockey, but I even got some of that watching the World Junior Championships!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

I've been in a funk since Christmas haha. Not going to sell any of my stuff off, but just not in the mood to trade or add cards to my org since there's still like 3000 not in there. It's nice to take a break every once in a while. I have still been buying PC cards on eBay though.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I've made about 25 trades in the past month. There are always cards to collect for my PC. It looks like the lockout is essentially over now, but that didn't curb my enthusiasm at all. I bought my nephew, my daughter and my grandson NHL products and cards for Christmas. I have no problem separating the business side of the game from my enjoyment of the game.

I am feeling the funk. FUNKATRONIC!
Boom-a-boom-a-boom-a-boom-a-boom!
Oh... wait... wrong funk.

The lockout has hurt the hobby worse this time than it did the last two times. At least there was Crosby and Ovechkin to come back to... now it's the third Oiler in a row, P.K.'s brother and Galchenyuk. Not cutting it for me... but that's me. With the resume happening and the season going to be starting, maybe we can all get our passion back into it. It'll be tough, but we can all try. Best wishes!

Randi

I hit that point last lock out. Totally changed how I collect now. I'm trying to get rid of all non-PC cards and focus on my Brett Hull collection.

I'm just waiting for hockey to get going so I can set phase two into action.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com