`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Strata is it worth breaking open a case

Strata is it worth breaking open a case
My LCS is holding a case of Strata for me till Thurs. I got a feeling I got a decent price for it at 875 dollars considering what I see it selling for already. What's everyone's opinions are what type of value the cards are gonna hold and with a case hit since I'm gonna have a whole case I feel it's worth busting the case.

RE: Strata is it worth breaking open a case
I only bought 2 boxes would buy a case if I could for myself. It was a very fun break, better than alot of others I have done.

(12-23-2012, 05:46 AM)98rda Wrote: My LCS is holding a case of Strata for me till Thurs. I got a feeling I got a decent price for it at 875 dollars considering what I see it selling for already. What's everyone's opinions are what type of value the cards are gonna hold and with a case hit since I'm gonna have a whole case I feel it's worth busting the case.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I think i might stop at the 3 i bought. Numbered inserts are hard to come by. Besides the 3 jerseys i pulled (one per box) i only got 3 other serial numbered cards total. And thats 2 parralel base and a base auto.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

I bought one box on saturday and hit a Nick Foles 2 color patch, Joe Adams Auto /25, and a Dwayne Allen auto. The fun factor is very high but i don't know if there are a high volume of big hits. I think for that price a case would be fun to open but if they were much more expensive i would rather go with Chrome or something like that. But thats just my opinion.

Busted 7 boxes got 2 redemptions only 2 numbered variations 3 patch cards 3 jersey cards 1 printing plate 5 strata autos 1 which was the case hit. I spent about $450 and if i sold all the hits plus the complete sets i made i might be able to get $200 back maybe $225 Thats pushing it. Granted i only did 7 boxes out of the case and i got the case hit but unless the other 5 boxes were holding RG3 or Luck i wouldnt be able to make my money back. Even with a nice Russel Wilson card. Most of the regualr autos of are late round draft picks and undrafted guys the clear cut autos are hit and miss i got 6 + the 1 case hit and id be lucky to get $30 for any of them
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

I don't think any product out there is worth buying a case of.....With that being said Topps Strata is worthy buying a couple of boxes for a chance at scoring a HIT. I will post my 2 Box Strata Break later this week and I'm pretty sure the HIT I got trumps 99% of those people out there who spent $900 on a case of Strata (just need to find an LCS around my way that has 360 pt magnetic holders).

When i buy my next case its going to be crown royale. I bought 3 last year and was very pleased. Got a aaron rodgers auto and peyton manning auto among other great items.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

I was happy with my box, mainly due to getting a pretty amazing patch (half of the dolphin logo) on my clear cut auto (Ryan Tannehill) but won't be buying any more - there was only one other insert besides the three hits (a die cut) and while the Tannehill is impressive as all get out, it was strictly random luck to not only get a patch of a decent patch but to get an actually cool patch - most of the "patches" posted here are basically one color or maybe half or one or the other.

there were two numbered cards - the Clear Cut Patch to 75 and the relic to 150 (Dwayne Allen plain white). The auto was Ronnie Hillman who is not terrible but still at this point a relatively late round third string running back. Basically the Tannehill half dolphin auto patch made the box. And that seems to be much better than most. A lot of boxes seem to be pretty brutal.

It probably is the least lousy football product Topps has released this year in my opinion though

I bought about 8 boxes from two LCS's in 2 different state while waiting on a case I ordered Blowout Cards. I bought most for $70-75 /box. If it wasn't for the price, I might have been disappointed. I had a couple of nice hits.

My case was pretty impressive. I feel boxes, like always, are always hit or miss. The case, for the price, is the way to go here. It hasn't already been picked over.

I'll post all the breaks in a day or two.

Just buying singles but if you have the money go for it !!!!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK