`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scratch-off cards?

Scratch-off cards?
It seems like I vaguely remember there being insert cards that had a scratch-off component (kind of like lotto tickets). Am I making this up? (maybe I'm just thinking about a baseball-themed scratch-off lotto ticket). Either way, I think it would be cool if Topps started doing this (again). Good idea? Bad idea?

-On a side note, I think it would be possible to do something along these lines without running afoul of each state's lottery/gambling laws. Usually promotions get around it by allowing people to enter for free by sending in a postcard or whatever.

I think this would be more fun than entering in codes into Topps' website.
-After researching my own question, I'm pretty sure I had the 1992 Topps gold promotion in mind. Also, I believe UD had a set with a scratch-off component in 2007. There are probably many others I don't even know about. Still, I think that if buyers had a chance at "winning" something decent (and not just revealing a code that needs to be entered online) it would be pretty cool. RC autos, special refractors, whatever.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Scratch-off cards?
there's been a bunch. 2001 upper deck had them (specifically, the e-card inserts).

(11-24-2012, 08:21 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: there's been a bunch. 2001 upper deck had them (specifically, the e-card inserts).
That's the set I first thought of too. And of course you have the scratch off redemptions in Bowman and Topps
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Late '80s, early '90s Topps had something like that. There was a diamond, and little scratch-offs around it. I remember hearing there was a way to always win, by never scratching off the "Out" areas, not sure how, but they would need to find a way to not let that happen.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

My favorites were always from Triple Play back in the early 90's. That set was one of the first cards that I bought as a kid. Now I need to go on eBay and look back on the cards of my childhood.