Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some framework done

Some framework done
Hi folks

In the last couple of weeks I was thinking about displaying some of my cards. Finally the best idea came from my wife!
I tried my best of putting the cards into the frame (you really need some soft hands for this). For fixing the cards in the frame I used a toploader and double-sided tape. Here is the result of my framework:

Photobucket

Thoughts and opinions are welcome. I was also thinking about putting the name of the card into the frame.
[iimg]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr219/losthadon09/Digital%20Artwork/Hockey%20Banners/itf001.png[/img]

Banner by ThaPenguin

RE: Some framework done
Some very nice work, Benny! I personally think that more colorful cards, other than the plates, would look a lot better, but that's just me. Haha! I really like the matte as well. Thanks for the share!

Randi

Personally, I would have gone with a dark or black matte, but I LOVE the idea. You may have just given ma an idea though.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(11-05-2012, 12:32 PM)rayeates Wrote: Some very nice work, Benny! I personally think that more colorful cards, other than the plates, would look a lot better, but that's just me. Haha! I really like the matte as well. Thanks for the share!

Randi
Randi, I know that some more colorful cards look better then the plates but the framed cards have a personal value for me. That´s the reason why I displayed those. I have two more frames to go [Image: wink.gif]
(11-05-2012, 01:05 PM)wickabee Wrote: Personally, I would have gone with a dark or black matte, but I LOVE the idea. You may have just given ma an idea though.
Thanks for the heads up. I used this frame because it better fits to our other furniture [Image: biggrin.gif]
[iimg]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr219/losthadon09/Digital%20Artwork/Hockey%20Banners/itf001.png[/img]

Banner by ThaPenguin

Your wife gave you an excellent idea, and she even lets you hang the finished product in your living room. That girls a keeper.
Great looking display.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(11-05-2012, 12:13 PM)icetigersfan Wrote: Hi folks

In the last couple of weeks I was thinking about displaying some of my cards. Finally the best idea came from my wife!
I tried my best of putting the cards into the frame (you really need some soft hands for this). For fixing the cards in the frame I used a toploader and double-sided tape. Here is the result of my framework:

Thoughts and opinions are welcome. I was also thinking about putting the name of the card into the frame.
Nicely done!! Question - can you easily change out the cards, put different cards in the same frame? I ask because being out in a lighted area will fade the cards over time - I did this with a set of stamps during an earlier collecting era in my life, and after maybe 4 or 5 years, they were all faded and damaged. They were relatively common stamps so it wasn't a big loss, but you wouldn't want to lose valuable cards that way... (though I don't know what if anything would happen to the plates). Then again, maybe cards are tougher than stamps....

Anyway, it looks great!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(11-05-2012, 08:46 PM)mswatson Wrote: Nicely done!! Question - can you easily change out the cards, put different cards in the same frame? I ask because being out in a lighted area will fade the cards over time - I did this with a set of stamps during an earlier collecting era in my life, and after maybe 4 or 5 years, they were all faded and damaged. They were relatively common stamps so it wasn't a big loss, but you wouldn't want to lose valuable cards that way... (though I don't know what if anything would happen to the plates). Then again, maybe cards are tougher than stamps....

Anyway, it looks great!
Mark, that´s a good complaint that give me some thoughts. I can change the cards from the framework but that´s not the way it should be. Maybe I have to search to a new place for my frame bewaring them from fading. Many thanks for the heads up.

Banner by ThaPenguin

Go to a glass shop. You can get glass with a "Low-E" coating which protects against fading and doesn't skew the colour. You can also get tinted glass or have the existing glass tinted. I put bronze pre-tinted into a china cabinet I kept cards in for awhile, but that darkens quite a bit. I'd get an aftermarket tint put on it. There's some really light coloured stuff that finishes clear and protects against sun damage.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Nice job
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

sweet job Benny

how long did it take you to do it?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)