Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website Question
Star 
Website Question
I have a question regarding the speed of this website. Although I know the speed of this website has been questionable lately that is not my question/concern. When I use my tablet to access this website I have no problems.When I use my PC I do. My PC is new and beckett.com is the only website that is slow on my PC. My thoughts are my browser. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone use anything besides internet explorer and not have issues with speed? Any insight is appreciated.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Website Question
(03-03-2013, 11:11 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: I have a question regarding the speed of this website. Although I know the speed of this website has been questionable lately that is not my question/concern. When I use my tablet to access this website I have no problems.When I use my PC I do. My PC is new and beckett.com is the only website that is slow on my PC. My thoughts are my browser. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone use anything besides internet explorer and not have issues with speed? Any insight is appreciated.
Google Chrome and Firefox are MUCH better browsers.

For example, there is a website I use for work that has to load this longgg list of vendors for some specific process, when I would use Internet Explorer it would take forever, but when I switch over to Google Chrome it sped up DRAMATICALLY.

So overall, I would use either Chrome or Firefox, IE is terrible.

(03-04-2013, 12:22 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Google Chrome and Firefox are MUCH better browsers.

For example, there is a website I use for work that has to load this longgg list of vendors for some specific process, when I would use Internet Explorer it would take forever, but when I switch over to Google Chrome it sped up DRAMATICALLY.

So overall, I would use either Chrome or Firefox, IE is terrible.
Thanks man! I used to have Firefox before my harddrive crashed and just havent got around to downloading it again. But of course now that I post this it is working completly fine Smile

[Image: Nick.jpg]

same problem at home. CPU is easier for playing in my org, but slower the ipad. I thought it was weird and just me.
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

firefox WITH adblocker and redirect remover

I use google Chrome and I almost never have problems with speed on here. When I do have problems, I just reset my router and things usually speed right up accept in a few cases.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

How to add cards quicker when the site is slow-or even when it isnt:

how? just use tabs, so you dont have any downtime

i keep two tabs open for org searches, 3 for opg searches (if you dont need to do a lot of org searches, just use 1)

i havent waited for a single tab to open using this method (even when it is uber-slow), and im blazing through orders right now. even when the site is running fast, i use this method

and know your keyboard shortcuts. with multiple tabs, tab jumping is crucial. (ctrl+tab to go to the next tab, ctrl+shift+tab to go to the previous tab)

also, get to know the tricks. parenthesis searches in the ORG is a huge time saver. say you have 5 tony gwynn cards you want to search for. just type "tony gwynn (206-h5-87-hall-ionix)" and you will get all the tony gwynn cards with those numbers. or, use only parenthesis: "(week-46-stanton)" will pull up any cards with those attributes

and remember you can use partial terms in opg searches. if the word in your search is 3 characters or more, you only need to type the first 3 letters. so instead of searching for "1999 Topps Chrome Refractors #125 Scott Rolen" i can just type "rol 125 ref". for people with horrible typing skills (*this guy*), that is invaluable

also: while yes, it is the site, browser choice (and addons) can make a difference. im using firefox with adblock and redirect remover, which is light years faster than IE9, or firefox without adblocker