`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012-13 Artifacts Rookie Redemption Cards

2012-13 Artifacts Rookie Redemption Cards
I've bought a few boxes of 2012-13 Artifacts and have had some great hits, (e.g., Tundra Trios Fight Strap Brodeur, Belfour, Joseph, #2 of 6 (see a photo on a previous post); Tundra Tandems Tag, Jordan Staal, Kris Letang, #1 of 1).

But, each box comes with a Rookie Redemption Card. The card says that redemptions will be filled x weeks after the start of the 2012-13 season. What if the entire season is canceled? Can I ever redeem the card?

RE: 2012-13 Artifacts Rookie Redemption Cards
Not sure what they will do then-- probably carry them over to next year ---that is if UD is still around then.

I just sent an email to Upper Deck. I'll let you know what, if anything, they say.

Update. Here is the response from Upper Deck:

Hi Scott,

You can redeem the card now. If there’s no season this year, then the cards will be made next season. If you will like to redeem the card please contact Customer Service at 1-800-873-7332.

Thank You,

Upper Deck Customer Care
UpperDeckStore.com

T 800.873.7332 F 760.929.3512
Time2swap@UpperDeck.com
Upper Deck Co- 2251 Rutherford Rd. Carlsbad, CA 92008

Yes, thats what usually will happen. You can also create an account and redeem it on their website.

BTW...I couldnt seem to find them...what letang/stalls did you pull...do you have pics of them?

Thanks
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Actually, I made a mistake because I don't have it in front of me. Sorry about that. It's not a Staal/Letang card. It's a Paul Stastny/Matt Duchene card. 2012-13 UD Artifacts. Tundra Tandems Tag. Serial Numbered #1 of 1. I can post pics this weekend.

I did pull a Treasured Swatches Sidney Crosby. It's a horizontal card with two jersey swatches. If you check out sportscardradio.com's checklist, they post a pic of that card as an example of the Treasured Swatches inserts.

Thats cool that they are doing that for redemptions, I figured they just fill them with guys that were rookies last year that artifacts didnt make cards of, like Edmonton would use Hartiken, SJ Satari etc... I like that if there is no season they will be redeemed next year... Therefore this year, if you pull an Edmonton chances are you will get a Yakapov when the season starts
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

(10-10-2012, 01:35 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: Yes, thats what usually will happen. You can also create an account and redeem it on their website.

BTW...I couldnt seem to find them...what letang/stalls did you pull...do you have pics of them?

Thanks
I did pull a Silver Jersey Parallel, Marc-Andre Fleury, #105 of 125. And a Tundra Tandems Dual, Jordan Staal/Kris Letang, TT-SL (unnumbered).

Other pulls from Artifacts Boxes:

Autofacts, John Moore, Blue Jackets; Drayson Bowman, Hurricanes

Rookie, Brandon Bollig, Blackhawks, #790 of 999; Chris Kreider, Rangers, #140 of 999; Jussi Rynnas, Leafs, #82 of 999

SP Base Card, Curtis Joseph, Leafs, #396 of 999; Marcus Foligno, Team Canada, #649 of 999; Jimmy Howard, Wings, #117 of 999; Ondrej Pavelec, Jets, #240 of 999; Jarome Iginla, Team Canada, #877 of 999; Dan Boyle, Team Canada, #916 of 999

Base Card, Emerald Parallel, Mark Messier, Rangers, #70 of 99;

Base Card, Blue Parallel, Jaromir Jagr, Rangers (in an All-Star Game Uniform) #23 of 85; Louie LeBlanc, Team Canada #60 of 85

Horizontal Jersey Parallel, Pavel Datsyuk, Wings, # 5 of 36;

Frozen Artifacts, Jersey/Patch, Alex Tanguay, Flames, # 32 of 36;

Artifacts Green Parallel, Patrice Bergeron, Team Canada, #56 of 75;

Gold Patch Parallel, Chris Pronger, Team Canada, # 4 of #15;

Actually, you only need to look back to 2004-05 SP Authentic Rookie redemption insert set to see the precedent for exactly this type of situation. They included both the 2004 Draft and 2005 draft rookies when making the redeemed cards

What Upper deck will do if the season is cancelled is combine both the 2012 Draft rookies with the 2013 draft rookies and combine them into one rookie pool to choose from.

That being said, you can probably assume that the Edmonton rookie redemption card will be Yakupov, unless by some stroke of god-like luck Edmonton ends up with YET ANOTHER 1st overall pick then it's a toss-up as to if UD will choose yakupov or MacKinnon/Jones but the chance of that happening is insanely small...

However, this may be much more likely for the Autographed Rookie redemption case hits because UD chooses the best available rookies available and who knows if they will choose Yakupov or MacKinnon/Jones as the Autographed Rookie Redemption I...
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

(10-11-2012, 04:06 PM)cheatinc Wrote: Actually, you only need to look back to 2004-05 SP Authentic Rookie redemption insert set to see the precedent for exactly this type of situation. They included both the 2004 Draft and 2005 draft rookies when making the redeemed cards

What Upper deck will do if the season is cancelled is combine both the 2012 Draft rookies with the 2013 draft rookies and combine them into one rookie pool to choose from.

That being said, you can probably assume that the Edmonton rookie redemption card will be Yakupov, unless by some stroke of god-like luck Edmonton ends up with YET ANOTHER 1st overall pick then it's a toss-up as to if UD will choose yakupov or MacKinnon/Jones but the chance of that happening is insanely small...

However, this may be much more likely for the Autographed Rookie redemption case hits because UD chooses the best available rookies available and who knows if they will choose Yakupov or MacKinnon/Jones as the Autographed Rookie Redemption I...
Thanks. I redeemed three rookie redemption cards. Edmonton, St. Louis, & a Wildcard.