`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetic Card Cases

RE: Magnetic Card Cases
(09-30-2012, 06:50 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: If you don't intend on opening the case I put a small (and barely noticable) piece of clear tape over the top to keep them from poping open.
Thanks TNT

- Law
(09-30-2012, 10:24 AM)muz0 Wrote: Or if you really want protection.. Just get the card graded and slabbed. Otherwise, I use the magnetic cases for my better cards and i put everything in binders for the rest.
Thanks Muz0...I do plan to get several cards graded hopefully in the near future. What service do you recommend? What kind of out of pocket expense will that set you back? If you wouldn't mind explaining the process, I'd appreciate it.

I'm a collector back from my youth into early teens (late 80s to early 90s) and took a hiatus up until a couple years back. I've really hit it hard head on the last year, so still learning a lot of new ways of the hobby now.

- Law
(09-30-2012, 05:14 PM)daytonator Wrote: The only thing I don't like about the magnetic holders is that they scratch when rubbed up against other holders, unlike the graded holders, which are ridged so that they lock together when adjacent to each other. You can stick em in a team bag, but then they look less aesthetic. And, yes, they do pop open when you drop them, speaking from personal experience.
Yes, I ran into this issue at the beginning and now learning about the team bags so that's great to have available.

Thanks,

Law