`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why would you put value on jersey cards....

Why would you put value on jersey cards....
If they are just player worn..
Okay - just a devils advocate thread here - looking for pros/cons - I have no opinion as of today.

1. Topps puts out their Captains Patches manufactured cards included in each blaster box.
2. Veterans wear 100-200 jerseys (stacked on top of each other during an event - pro bowl half time) - and Panini produces "event worn" patches with captain patches....

Are they more valuable?

Soooooo. Why value one over the other? Aren't ALL the current rookie jerseys just the same as manufactured patches? If you pull an "event worn" logo - why does it command a premium?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

RE: Why would you put value on jersey cards....
It's fun
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

for me depends on size, color, and what part of the uniform it came from and then overall appearance on the card. Then you get into the whole is it numbered if so to how many because just by logic a patch card #'d to 10 is always going to have more value than one #'d to 1500.

I don't think jersey cards, by themselves are all that valuable any more. There are just so many and now I even question the "game-used" jerseys authenticity. Sure if there is a cool part of a patch, it should command a slight premium, but overall I wouldn't put serious money into one any more. Just my opinion, though. Wouldn't slam anyone for going crazy for them either.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

read this... you will see the card companies have been buying FAKE jerseys for cards for YEARS... what a joke... I really wonder how many of my cards are actually real??? makes me sick to my stomach...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/bre...ith-fraud/

For me, it is what it represents. The jersey represents that one point in time when the player you collect had the jersey on in some form or fashion. I generally don't collect jersey cards because the one color stuff is just easily available for new players, but I can certainly see why event worn items would be more valuable (or more in demand) than patches that are just created in some factory.

Personally, I stay completely away from manufactured stuff. I have no interest at all. It's nothing different than anything I can buy on any shirt or hat at the mall!