`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping on Ebay

Shipping on Ebay
I have wondered this for a while now. When a card sells for lets say $.20 and the seller has it listed for free shipping, how is the card shipped? Meaning when I ship a card, its in a penny sleeve, top loader and bubble envelope. So how do you sell a card for less then the postage cost? Do they ship in just a plain envelope with no protection on the card?

Does this make sense? Anyone ever get one of these?

RE: Shipping on Ebay
depends on the seller really but in my experience 90% of the time it shows up in a padded envelope usually the small ones that are just the right size for a single card in a top loader. I believe it's #000

Also I know people poo on PWE but it's also my experience that the majority of the time the cards arrive in great shape as long as they are in a top loader. When I do PWE I do the top loader and wrap that in a small piece of bubble wrap.

(09-21-2012, 01:32 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: depends on the seller really but in my experience 90% of the time it shows up in a padded envelope usually the small ones that are just the right size for a single card in a top loader. I believe it's #000

Also I know people poo on PWE but it's also my experience that the majority of the time the cards arrive in great shape as long as they are in a top loader. When I do PWE I do the top loader and wrap that in a small piece of bubble wrap.
I don't know why everyone gets so worked up about PWE's on low dollar cards. If I pay less than a dollar for a card with free S&H, I expect it to come in a PWE. And 99% of the time it arrives fine. As long as they put it in a toploader inside the PWE I never have any trouble. Now, if it is a high dollar card, or I paid $2.00 + for S&H, I expect it to arrive in a bubble mailer.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

PWE is fine as long as the people agree or for a low value card with free shipping, but if I pay (and if I pay anything) for shipping, I expect it to arrive with top loader, in bubble envelope at a minimum.
Yes, I have paid $3 or more and had card arrive in PWE, sometimes without any protection and yes, the card was fine, not damaged..that does not make it correct shipping practice in my opinion..I would reduce stars in feedback for that...
I would not ding them for a $0.20 card in PWE with free shipping..you get what you pay for..as they say..

(09-21-2012, 01:28 PM)rss683 Wrote: I have wondered this for a while now. When a card sells for lets say $.20 and the seller has it listed for free shipping, how is the card shipped? Meaning when I ship a card, its in a penny sleeve, top loader and bubble envelope. So how do you sell a card for less then the postage cost? Do they ship in just a plain envelope with no protection on the card?

Does this make sense? Anyone ever get one of these?
The PWE has been discussed numerous times here, if a card sold at 20¢ with free s/h i would think the seller is only going to use a pwe for mailing.
A .20¢ sale, the ebay/paypal fees are 32¢, plus a .45¢ stamp & thats a great way to loose $$ selling. Plus the time & effort to post the auction, pics etc..
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(09-21-2012, 10:11 PM)krn001 Wrote: The PWE has been discussed numerous times here, i would think if a card sold at 20¢ with free s/h i would think the seller is only going to use a pwe for mailing.
A .20¢ sale, the ebay/paypal fees are 32¢, plus a .45¢ stamp & thats a great way to loose $$ selling. Plus the time & effort to post the auction, pics etc..
Thank you all. This is what I was wondering.