`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Morons on ebay...

OT: Morons on ebay...
A guy has a 05 Alex Smith SP authentic patch/ auto #ed /15 for like $1000 OBO. So I offered him $50 for it since it only books for 150 and let him know that. He declines it saying that the book guide says there is no price due to scarcity so I am mistaken. Sorry I had to vent... I hate these people who over price stuff thats not even worth close to what they want for it...

RE: OT: Morons on ebay...
Tell me about it a guy has 2 1/1's of a pc player and he keeps asking $400 for them. They never sell and he keeps relisting them over and over. Another seller tried to sell proofs of photos of another of my Pc players didn't sell at $90 so he now has them for $190
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I think everyone is wrong on the card, beckett for listing it at $150, the seller offering it for $900, the other seller offering it for $1100 and the other seller offering it for $2,500 and you for offering it for $50.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Yeah, I hate seeing that too. My only guess is that the seller is hoping for an even bigger moron to come along and just hit the BIN or something...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

it's called ebay dreamers... thinking all their cards are worth gold prices... I say let them all eat them... I feel your pain... I still have the one guy trying to get $499 for the Shipley 1/1 contenders... what a joke...

I guess you can call me one of those dreamers..LOL
I go by books to try get a idea what they are worth. Sometimes I go too high, and them i drop it to see if it gets any looks. If someone came along and sent a message for a offer, yeah i might accpet it, if it was reasonable. We all know the market is not what it use to be and its hard to get what we want sometimes and we have limits. Paying full BV is downright greedy.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(09-14-2012, 12:39 AM)warcraftin Wrote: I think everyone is wrong on the card, beckett for listing it at $150, the seller offering it for $900, the other seller offering it for $1100 and the other seller offering it for $2,500 and you for offering it for $50.

I had to read that 3 times to understand it, but I totally agree with it...I think? Yeah, I agree!

Me personally, if someone emailed me saying "card x is worth $150, but I'm only offering a third of that" , they wouldn't get a good response back from me either...

I'm assuming that Beckett lists it at that price on the online guide, since anything numbered under /25 is "not priced due to scarcity". I don't see how that can be a real and accurate price estimate since it IS so scarce, there is no sales history to truly base any number on..

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(09-14-2012, 12:39 AM)warcraftin Wrote: I think everyone is wrong on the card, beckett for listing it at $150, the seller offering it for $900, the other seller offering it for $1100 and the other seller offering it for $2,500 and you for offering it for $50.

I am the opposite. I think no one is wrong. The buyer is right to offer whatever he is comfortable paying for it, every seller is right to offer it for whatever price they see fit (since they own it), and BV doesn't change what the seller or buyer is comfortable buying/selling it for.

yeah i agree with you. everybody is way off here. the card isnt going to sell for 900 but its also not going for 50.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

people who put these types of cards for ungodly prices do it because its the "bad" buyers/collectors who will give an arm and a leg for some cards. Im in a dellema right now with a card on ebay for my PC player and made 2 offers(which were declined) and im afraid to counter my 3rd and final offer and not be able to have a shot at it.. oh well.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.