`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Card Collecting group

Base Card Collecting group
per DBrookerd suggestion (thanks), lets start a base card trading group. First lets gauge interest as it may only be worth it if we have a dozen or more teams claimed. Please list the team you would like to claim (and a secondary team too if you would like). I can try to keep it updated and list one person per team. If you have a secondary team, I will list that as well but you will get bumped if someone else wants it as their primary. Remember, these are for base cards. Teams below:

Teams in the AL West:
- Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
*(In the 2013 season, they will also be adding the Houston Astros to this league. They are currently in the National League Central.)

o Teams in the AL Central:
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Minnesota Twins
- Kansas City Royals
- Chicago White Sox

o Teams in AL East:
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Baltimore Orioles
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees - Point401

o Teams in NL East:
- Atlanta Braves
- Miami Marlins
- New York Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Washington Nationals

o Teams in NL Central:
- Houston Astros
- Milwaukee Brewers
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Chicago Cubs
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- Cincinnati Reds

o Teams in NL West:
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- San Francisco Giants
- San Diego Padres
- Colorado Rockies

Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

RE: Base Card Collecting group
Yeah man the way it generally works is only one member may claim a team. Once all are full you will have a great group sending back and forth. It works better if all teams are filled and everyone is on board. If you don't busy much product it's not good to join. Guys will be sending and never receiving. Every single member of this thread would send the cards of whatever team to the person who claimed that team. You will get some duplicates for sure but generally those are easy to trade to another team collector.
I'd suggest everyone just send once a month or something. Whatever the case if you send too often it will get pricey cause it's one package per team.

This isn't for set builders as much as team collectors. I personally love the Royals but since I bust little wax I will not join because I wouldn't have the product to send.

Good luck with the thread.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

you forgot the nats
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

^^ Good catch... I guess everything on the internet is not always true, haha
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

I would take the Twins
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have

i collect rangers. but if you get someone else that collects rangers, too, hang on to their name because I am collecting a master team base set and would trade away any duplicates.

would this be for any years? or just from now into the future? the reason I ask is because I need a lot of 1993-2010 cards for my team sets.

Usually it is for any years. The groups I've been part of don't specify any year, value or anything. Basically they just need to send a minimum number of cards from a specific team, and that is it. The rest is up to the traders, but most people just take whatever they get.
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have