`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
cant wait to hear the card companies response to this...

RE: cant wait to hear the card companies response to this...
(09-07-2012, 02:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: "player worn" denotes stuff worn at the rookie events. that's been standard for a while
The particuar card I referenced was a 2012 card of Joe Flacco If they are still using rookie premiere material for veteran players it still seems to me that there is something shady going on.

(09-07-2012, 03:20 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: The particuar card I referenced was a 2012 card of Joe Flacco If they are still using rookie premiere material for veteran players it still seems to me that there is something shady going on.
not really. they make the players wear dozens of jerseys during the rookie photo shoot. probably enough for a long time

Maybe the whole "not from a specific game, event or season" is just clever legalese to protect themselves, because they knew this would hit the fan ... ?

Wow that was kinda sad to read.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

bummer
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

Part of the reason I like buying the older jersey stuff. Makes me think there's a better chance that it's more legit.

I don't think the card companies are ever going - at least not soon - to address it. They aren't going to gain much by doing so. If they admit they bought from this company, what can they do for collectors who may have these cards? If they say they never got it and then it turns out they did, they open the company for lawsuits.

It's in the company's best interest not to say anything.

Though where does that leave collectors?
Beckett Football and Hockey Editor
Email: SusanL@beckett.com
Twitter: @YanxChick

The card companies wont respond to it. What are they going to say ? "Hey collectors those high jersey cards you got are bogus! Thanks for continued support!"

They would off some redemption program where youd trade in that high end $500 Cam Newton Jersey auto and you'd get and $5 Audie Cole auto
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

Very sad to think that out of the 450+memorabilia cards I have only a few are probably real...
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Heres a few pics I had laying around and thought this would be a good time to pull them up.. this should give you an idea of how well there worn.. all those jerseys laying around on tables and now we know where they came from. I know they would have contests at the event to see how many each player could wear. and theres no telling how many were just.. well hmm.. he didnt "wear" this one. .. ahh dont worry about it go ahead and cut it up anyway. you can not convience me that an actually human could fit in that number 80 jersey.. well maybe ralphie may..

[Image: imagesCARSBKB2.jpg]

[Image: fatty.jpg]
[Image: ojmagg.png]
Bucket: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40...l%20cards/
Help Me Build These Rainbows. Trading in your favor!
http://photobucket.com/Rainbowset