`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does Mike Trout Have RC cards for Finest in 2011 and 2012???

Why Does Mike Trout Have RC cards for Finest in 2011 and 2012???
Does anybody know why Mike Trout has rookie cards in the 2011 Topps Finest series and also in the 2012 Topps Finest series?

In the 2011, the RC logo is stamped on it. In the 2012, there are redemption cards that say it will be a rookie auto of him (rookie auto means the RC stamp). All other Trout cards though in 2012 do not have the RC stamp

Is Topps trying to make more money here and mislead collectors, because 2011 is clearly his RC year (stamp-wise at least).

All opinions welcome, thank you.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

RE: Why Does Mike Trout Have RC cards for Finest in 2011 and 2012???
Maybe held rookie status both years

I got a Ryan Lavarnway auto out of Topps Chrome but it didn't have the RC logo on it. I'm guessing that they just designate that all of the autos for this or that particular product will be from rookies, even though some may have had an RC logo card before.

I believe it has to do with what Major League Baseball designates him. I know he is considered a Rookie this year because he didn't play enough games to be considered a Rookie last year.

What is considered a RC has been up for debate a lot over the years. I mean, it's clear when a player like Bryce Harper plays 100+ games in the same season he plays his first. But lets think of it this way. If the 2012 Bowman prospects Bryce Harper card a RC? When it was released he hadn't played a game in the majors. It was released the same season. Are any Prospect cards from that series RC's? I mean, isn't the prospect set just as easy as the base set to put together? And with so many XRC cards out there, does it destroy the concept behind the RC? I feel it does, especially in Harper's case.

With Trout, it can be even more confusing. Trout will win Rookie of the Year this year in the AL, guaranteed baring his pops hot for PED's. But all his RCs are from 2011? I feel like Topps has to go with MLB's decision making process and collectors have to decide for themselves which they will consider an RC.

That being said, why does his Finest have the RC designation and not his Chrome? Now that is just stupid.

this is what the auto redemption looks like and no RC logo

[Image: Troutauto.jpg]

Quote:It's not Trout's rookie card, however. He's eligible for the Rookie of the Year award after being on a big league roster for just 38 days last year but appeared in enough games that his 'official' rookie card according to the Topps/MLB partnership, were those issued last year.

here is a link to the story..... http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/top...eats-ebay/

thanks for the update... word here in SoCal is that if would have had one more at bat last year, he would not be a 'rookie' this year
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Because it's Topps...Bryce Harper will be a Rookie until 2021
Will Sell Your Cards For A Low Consignment Fee, PM Me For Details!
[Image: BWBANNER.png]

(09-13-2012, 04:14 PM)Sports_Cards_Buffet Wrote: Because it's Topps...Bryce Harper will be a Rookie until 2021
Well IF that theory is correct. Why doesn't his chrome have the RC thing then.

Chrome = Topps
Finest = Topps

(09-14-2012, 08:12 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Well IF that theory is correct. Why doesn't his chrome have the RC thing then.

Chrome = Topps
Finest = Topps
Topps does not need to make sense. They have an agreement with baseball and its players to produce cards when no one else can. Who can argue?

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-14-2012, 08:12 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Well IF that theory is correct. Why doesn't his chrome have the RC thing then.

Chrome = Topps
Finest = Topps
Joey Votto 2002 RC...
[Image: 4a3a67ce-011e-4b85-9526-b5e521d16335.jpg]
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Bas...RC/2449130

Joey Votto 2008 RC...
[Image: 0d2a2dee-6aaa-40e9-a82a-783b36f1ff77.jpg]
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Bas...RC/4015254

That's just Topps being Topps or Beckett needing to finally decide the true meaning of a RC
[Image: BWBANNER.png]