`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Chrome collation

Topps Chrome collation
Anyone else pissed off about how bad it is? I bought 3 hobby boxes with the expectations of getting within 15-25 cards from completing the set but after sorting yesterday I ended up with more dupes than set needs. Blew my mind. I have 4 and 5 copy's of some cards including Darvish but missing half the set lol. Oh well, was going to do this set right away but now I think I will wait till I finish one of the others i'm working on.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: Topps Chrome collation
That's why I saved my money and managed to buy a complete set off E-bay for $22. I usually buy 2 hobby boxes and don't get a complete set.

im with you haze, i got 4 boxes and im somewhre between 50 - 80 cards short. i put a thread up with my needs list about a week ago or so. im sure the 2 of us could knock out a chunk of each others lists.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

The last time I opened Topps Chrome was in 1998 and I recall the collation being awful then as well. It may be one of the 'hallmarks' of the brand Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I think if you're getting a lot of duplicates within a hobby box (or worse yet, in a pack), there's a collation problem. But when you add in multiple boxes and you end up with a lot of duplicates, some of it is just bad luck. Unless you happen to get 3 or 4 "compatible" boxes, you're going to end up in the same boat you're in. There's other people who got the exact hobby box of cards you need, and vice versa.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(09-03-2012, 08:22 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I think if you're getting a lot of duplicates within a hobby box (or worse yet, in a pack), there's a collation problem. But when you add in multiple boxes and you end up with a lot of duplicates, some of it is just bad luck. Unless you happen to get 3 or 4 "compatible" boxes, you're going to end up in the same boat you're in. There's other people who got the exact hobby box of cards you need, and vice versa.

I kept all of the boxes separate as I opened them and I was getting many dupes in each box. I pulled 2 base Darvish cards and one refractor all from one box(not complaining about that) and 2 Harper base from the same box. All of the Cespedes cards I pulled(I think 4 total including the auto) were in the same box. And I'll have to look at which player it was but I have 5 of the same card all base and at least 4 of them came in one box. It's strange because all of the other Topps product I've opened recently has been very good.

i just bought a blaster box last night and didnt pull any dupes. lucky me. I did pull a harper rc. i will try to load them tonight and check me for your needs if you like.
what other set are you working on ? i might have got some of those as well
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I working on 2012 GQ black minis and have a few variations left from the base set too. Also working on 2012 Archives, have the whole set done except the In Action and Classic Combos subsets, just working on the autos and relics now.

I bought a hobby box and didn't get many, if any, dupes. I've also been buying random rack packs or blasters here or there and have been pretty lucky as far as getting cards to fill in those holes. Only a handful of doubles, not any triples yet.

I have some 2012 Chrome as well, what do you guys need to finish sets? Post up your #'s
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/