`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered First Box since 1994

Ordered First Box since 1994
Got out of the hobby back in 1994-95, trying to get back in so I decided to order my first box which is a 2012 Topps Chrome. I bought a rack pack earlier today to try them out and while I did not get any great hits I can't say I was really expecting much from a well searched by others Walmart pack.

My LCS was charging $87 with tax, got this box off ebay for $67.50 shipped. I really want to open something now but it is not worth a $20 bill to go get it tomorrow. Sold some other stuff on eBay so it didn't even come out of our checking account, which will make the wife happy.

Wish me well guys, if I can make 75% of my money back on this box I will buy another and another and... I know I most likely will never make my money back, but paying the 25% isn't bad for the fun of researching and opening packs in my opinion.
FB PC: Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Thomas, Chiefs
BB PC: Whit Merrifield, Salvador Perez, George Brett, Royals

RE: Ordered First Box since 1994
Good luck! You pretty much have to get a big hit to make your money back, but breaking is always fun and if you are looking for something with a good chance to break even then Chrome is a good product.

Definitely..No comparison with Chrome with other products. And I think it is fun to break and get money back. Amazing idea. When I bought it I got a different colors in different styles.

In the only box I broke this year I pulled a lot of color.

Jose Reyes Red /25
Trumbo Black /100
Votto Blue /199

Jeter, Trout, Betences, Cano xfractors

Bryce Refractor

....and still I won't get anything close to my money back haha. My autos were bad though.