`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I got to meet Irving Fryar & Ickey Woods!!

I got to meet Irving Fryar & Ickey Woods!!
This past weekend, I traveled to NJ to go to a card show. Its a huge card/collectibles/toys show at the convention center on the boardwalk & I usually go every year & make a day trip out of it, going to the show, spend some time on the beach & boardwalk & then hit up Joe's Crab Shack on the way home Big Grin

Every year, the show usually has a few pro athletes (usually small name guys from local teams) signing autographs. They had 2 former boxers I never heard of some wwe guys including Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka and the original philly phanatic (who shoed up in street clothes). Nobody wanted his auto, lol. Kinda felt bad for him. Well, not really.

They also had some former NFLers there too. Former Browns TE Irv Smith, Former NY Giant Mario Henry, and Irving Fryar & Ickey Woods. They were all signing autographs and all the money went to charity. Ickey was signing different items (8x10's, plaques, bobble heads, ect. for different donation amounts. All the proceeds were going to his son's charity, Jovante Woods Foundation. Its a foundation for Asthma Awareness & Organ Donation Education. (Sadly, Ickeys son, Jovante, passed away 2yrs ago from an asthma attack). And since I am the recipiant of an organ transplant (Heart Transplant - 14yrs & goin strong!! - Praise God!!) I was happy to help with a donation.

Both Ickey & Irving were sooo nice. I got them both to personalize and autograph color 8x10 for me. Also got to chat with both for a good bit. Ickey & I talked about his son and the famous "Ickey Shuffle," & Irving was talking smack about how DB's couldnt cover him, lol! Both were very nice, very personable and took time to treat me (and everyone else) like a person, instead of jus taking the money & thowin down a sig. It was a great experience!!

Here are the pics I got signed from Irving & Ickey......

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also managed to pick up a few cards as well as a few sweet collectibles from the show too. I will post them a bit later along with some over due maildays.

Thanks for looking!! Comments welcome!! Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

RE: I got to meet Irving Fryar & Ickey Woods!!
sounds like you had a blast Smile

and who doesn't remember Suka ??? heck he was the WWF in the early 90's Wink

Friggin Awesome, I would love to meet Ickey and do the shuffle with him. Oh and Fryar too
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Thats cool i got to meet Irving a few years ago and he was very nice. Being i was in new england and me being a dolphins fan alot of people had NO IDEA he played for anyone but the pats.
I got a nice mini signed by him and he was great the entire time.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(08-29-2012, 05:53 PM)pbean Wrote: sounds like you had a blast Smile

and who doesn't remember Suka ??? heck he was the WWF in the early 90's Wink
I did have a blast!! A bit more "toys" and wwe/wrestling collectibles than previous years, but the whole trip was awesome!
(08-29-2012, 06:54 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Friggin Awesome, I would love to meet Ickey and do the shuffle with him. Oh and Fryar too
I wish we could've done the Ickey shuffle, but I asked Ickey to pose for a pic with me (which he graciously did Smile ) but those knees were giving him an awful lot of trouble getting out of his chair. Super nice guy though! It was an honor to meet him!

Irving on the other hand, looks (and talked) like he could still go out there n play! Both guys were so friendly and accomadating! Could'nt have asked for a better experience Smile
(08-29-2012, 07:43 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: Thats cool i got to meet Irving a few years ago and he was very nice. Being i was in new england and me being a dolphins fan alot of people had NO IDEA he played for anyone but the pats.
I got a nice mini signed by him and he was great the entire time.
That must have been tough being a phins fan in new england. But yeah, Irving was as friendly as could be.

Oh, and FYI, I was kinda hoping he had some pics in his phins or pats uni, cuz I cant stand the friggin iggles! But, thats all he had, and as nice as he was, I'm happy and pround to display it in my collection..... even if it is an iggles photo, lol Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

what a great day my friend i bet it was so fun!!! love the Auto'ed photos brother!
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Sounds like a ton of fun! Dont like the Fryar pic tho - Looks like he just burned a Dolphin Sad
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Sounds like an awesome experience! I would love to meet Ickey. I loved watching him growing up.
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

I love reading stories where athletes aren't full of their own self and actually appreciate their fans. It's rare and it's always a good read to me. Love the personalized autos....that's my favorite autos the ones addressed to me so I feel a bit closer and they know I won't be ebayed.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Those are so cool! I love those kind of road trips, sounds like a great time.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.