Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ITG The Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition

ITG The Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition
Hello,

I am not a Huge Hockey Collector but I have some cards and I was wondering about the ITG The Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition Cards...

I have heard good and bad things about ITG cards.

Are they a solid brand? Are the autos and jersey patches legit?

Thanks!
[Image: Star.gif]

RE: ITG The Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition
(08-26-2012, 09:35 PM)mg54 Wrote: Hello,

I am not a Huge Hockey Collector but I have some cards and I was wondering about the ITG The Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition Cards...

I have heard good and bad things about ITG cards.

Are they a solid brand? Are the autos and jersey patches legit?

Thanks!
Most people like to give a simple one or two sentence answer to that question, but in reality, it really is a larger question to answer.

On the plus side, all of In the Game's cards are 100% legit, game-used, and for sure autographed by the players. The product is of the highest quality and is made by one of the hobby's best customer service companies. They purchase only from legitimate and respected sources and require full COAs before purchasing. There was a recent scandal with some other companies' game-used memorabilia last season as I recall. ITG cards are also great for the true collector as it features many players not typically seen in others' brand. Not to mention, the highest serial # on an ITGUM11 card is #/24. With the price point you get more cards and true game-used (not photoshoot worn) cards than in any of the other competitors' highest-tier products.

On the negative side, it really is all about preference. All of the ITG Ultimate cards are slabbed in a UV resistant plastic case to resist tampering and carelessness of owners. Some people like it (I love it personally), while others loathe the fact that they cannot feel the swatches with their hands. Additionally, ITG is not NHLPA licensed, meaning that they cannot use NHL logos on cards, and they do not have rights to the hottest rookies once they hit the league. They still use many of the stars of the game from both today and the yesteryear and often ask us collectors who we would like to see in a product. The lack of an NHL license does hurt resale in most cases, an effect not shared as much by Upper Deck's "The Cup" and Panini's "Dominion". A 1/1 from ITG (in general, definitely not in all cases), sells for less than it does from most other companies. Sure there are crazy player collectors who go mad for them and pay good money (I've shelled out $300, $300, $300, $400 for some Irbe 1/1s personally...hurts but I do it anyways). Another weakness, particularly if you regularly purchase their products, is that ITG tends to recycle the same photos for players over and over and over in each product. While they have a legitimate reason for it stemming from that lack of a NHLPA license, the design and photo selection also is detracting to some.

So there. Not just the typical "it is good, I like it", "it is bad, I don't like it" answer.

(08-26-2012, 10:17 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Most people like to give a simple one or two sentence answer to that question, but in reality, it really is a larger question to answer.

On the plus side, all of In the Game's cards are 100% legit, game-used, and for sure autographed by the players. The product is of the highest quality and is made by one of the hobby's best customer service companies. They purchase only from legitimate and respected sources and require full COAs before purchasing. There was a recent scandal with some other companies' game-used memorabilia last season as I recall. ITG cards are also great for the true collector as it features many players not typically seen in others' brand. Not to mention, the highest serial # on an ITGUM11 card is #/24. With the price point you get more cards and true game-used (not photoshoot worn) cards than in any of the other competitors' highest-tier products.

On the negative side, it really is all about preference. All of the ITG Ultimate cards are slabbed in a UV resistant plastic case to resist tampering and carelessness of owners. Some people like it (I love it personally), while others loathe the fact that they cannot feel the swatches with their hands. Additionally, ITG is not NHLPA licensed, meaning that they cannot use NHL logos on cards, and they do not have rights to the hottest rookies once they hit the league. They still use many of the stars of the game from both today and the yesteryear and often ask us collectors who we would like to see in a product. The lack of an NHL license does hurt resale in most cases, an effect not shared as much by Upper Deck's "The Cup" and Panini's "Dominion". A 1/1 from ITG (in general, definitely not in all cases), sells for less than it does from most other companies. Sure there are crazy player collectors who go mad for them and pay good money (I've shelled out $300, $300, $300, $400 for some Irbe 1/1s personally...hurts but I do it anyways). Another weakness, particularly if you regularly purchase their products, is that ITG tends to recycle the same photos for players over and over and over in each product. While they have a legitimate reason for it stemming from that lack of a NHLPA license, the design and photo selection also is detracting to some.

So there. Not just the typical "it is good, I like it", "it is bad, I don't like it" answer.
OK... Thanks a lot!

Great information.

I guess why I heard some "bad" things about ITG must stem from not being NHLPA Licensed.

Thanks again!
[Image: Star.gif]

I still dont get why they dont just photoshop the logos out of the picutes tho... I know upper deck did that in the 90's on one of there sets and the cards look fine to me... It would really enhance the quiality of the product and if cards were doing it back in the 90s before all this current technology that can make a 3yrs old look like a Nat Geo photographer, then it shouldnt be that hard or expensive to do now a days
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

WOW perfect answer

[quote='irbefan4life' pid='2105683' dateline='1346037476']

On the plus side, all of In the Game's cards are 100% legit, game-used, and for sure autographed by the players. The product is of the highest quality and is made by one of the hobby's best customer service companies. ITG cards are also great for the true collector as it features many players not typically seen in others' brand.

+1

On the negative side, it really is all about preference. All of the ITG Ultimate cards are slabbed in a UV resistant plastic case to resist tampering and carelessness of owners.

This I a big plus to me. I do not have to worry about mishandling the card. And no extra expense in a holder.

Great response to the OP question.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

I personally love ITG Ultimate Memorabilia + really all their other products. Dr. Price has always been at the expo interacting with collectors and giving himself a better understanding of the hobby and what the collector wants. This is a big plus for me as I feel UD and Panini to a certain extent, feel like they are big shots and are too good to interact with the people that are putting money in their pockets - the collectors. Plus they have great cards!