`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turning to the Beckett community for help.

Turning to the Beckett community for help.
Long story short. I recieved this Autograph hat about 15-17 years ago and it has been sitting in a box for a while because I forgot about it. I do know it used to have a COA but I cannot find it. The hat itself is nothing special. Does this autograph look real and is it something I should send to PSA/DNA? Thanks.

Photobucket

RE: Turning to the Beckett community for help.
I'd say it would be worth getting authenticated. It seems plausible to me, but it's hard to tell with marker on wool (as opposed to ink on paper/ball). Good luck!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(08-24-2012, 07:36 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I'd say it would be worth getting authenticated. It seems plausible to me, but it's hard to tell with marker on wool (as opposed to ink on paper/ball). Good luck!
+1!!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(08-24-2012, 07:36 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I'd say it would be worth getting authenticated. It seems plausible to me, but it's hard to tell with marker on wool (as opposed to ink on paper/ball). Good luck!
Sounds good. Thanks! Would be nice if it is real. If not, oh well. What kind of value are we looking at if it is authentic? The hat is just a random yankees hat, nothing special.

send it in

choppy story hear but from my knowledge mantle signed a lot. My old neighbor had a run in with him one day at this store that went out of buisness called the Wiz. The story went something like he saw Mantle a little before the event and introduced himself (he's a music teacher) and somehow they started talking about music and whatever and then he went and waited online at the store and when it was his turn for the autograph from Mantle...Mantle saw him later on and signed for him like 10 autograph pictures...

awesome awesome story...and whats great is there is a few pictures of him with Mantle that day.

so def get it done
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Looks ok to me. Probably be worth around $400 if its authenticated.

Looks pretty good to me. Worth the risk anyway!

Gotta go for it, no question. I'd pay the authentication fee for a chance at half the profit, haha
David Justice - 1371/1747 - 78%

Joshua Fields Razor (31/42), David Thompson 08-09 UD Black (19/23),
David Pollack Autos (30/60), Mo Massaquoi Bowman Chrome RC (19/27),
Bobby Cox Tribute Autos (9/10), AJ Green Goodwin (7/11)

(08-24-2012, 10:29 PM)armitage23 Wrote: Gotta go for it, no question. I'd pay the authentication fee for a chance at half the profit, haha
Found out my mom got it for me in '93 for 30 bucks at a sports memorbillia store. Not looking good..hahaha.

I will do some research on where to send it. I assume Beckett just does cards? I will let you all know the results.

James Spence and PSA/DNA are pretty good. Also there is Global Authenications too. It does look pretty close to my old eyes as well.