`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay question, since their help reps are clueless...

Ebay question, since their help reps are clueless...
I just recently noticed that all of the items Im listing are all the sudden poping up as only Ships to: United States, where as before the listings would show up Ships to: Worldwide, which is what I do. I dont know when this started cuse I use the same template when I start a listing, I just edit the card info. But my question is, when it lists the item as ships to united states, does the item only come up in searches for US residents, or does it pop up on the different worldwide ebays?? The phone rep couldnt answer that question, the dingbat just kept saying "once your item is has bids, you cannt change the shipping options"... That in itself is retarded. i can see not being alble to change the price, but I should be able to add Worldwide shipping to the listing.

Im thinking this might be the reason for some of my recent listings not recieving the bids/prices that one would think the card would sell for. And I havnt been getting any canadien/russian buyers like I usually do. So does anyone know the answer to this?? Im kinda thinking this is the reason why I didnt recieve any best offers on the Ovechkin 1/1 I just sold from any Russian collectors, which I thought was really odd at the time.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Ebay question, since their help reps are clueless...
I live in Canada and when these type of listing show up, I can look at them, watch them but when it is time to bid at the end I cannot as the seller only put down shipping to USA only. Bottom line is they do show up, but we cannot bid. Hopefully this helps.

(08-26-2012, 10:02 PM)titan501ca Wrote: I live in Canada and when these type of listing show up, I can look at them, watch them but when it is time to bid at the end I cannot as the seller only put down shipping to USA only. Bottom line is they do show up, but we cannot bid. Hopefully this helps.
My listing to have got gremlins showing up after using the same templates for years. It seems to default to "acceptable" on item description and I am getting e mails asking what does that mean. Also, it changes my listings to local pick ups only. I believe these are all defaults and unless we change them and or proofread every ad, it will continue to happen. Also, if it restricts you to selling to USA only, that may mean in their opinion, you have not sold enough to be allowed to ship International yet. Same thing happend up here to a friend of mine who just started listing cards and he can only ship to Canada right now.As for where you ad shows up it should go all over at least in NA. Hope some of this helps.

(08-26-2012, 10:02 PM)titan501ca Wrote: I live in Canada and when these type of listing show up, I can look at them, watch them but when it is time to bid at the end I cannot as the seller only put down shipping to USA only. Bottom line is they do show up, but we cannot bid. Hopefully this helps.
Ouch, not the answer I was hoping for haha... So does ebay block your bid or you just cannot bid out of your own will because it says US only? Thanks for the quick responce... I just pulled all my listings & relisted them as World wide & sent the top bidders a message as to why I did it so they have a heads up... What a pain in a arse

I mean I have listed items and been able to ship worldwide, I dont think it matters how many good feedback hits you have in that respect of shipping to the us or just canada. But like you said I think its just EBAY glitches.

Yea, i can ship worldwide... ive done tons of international shipments and my account doesnt have any restrictions... it just seems like stated above, the gremlins have gotten into my templates and are messing things up... And that really sux. Im guessing it started right before I listed the ovechkin 1/1, cause after that the last 2-3 batches of cards ive listed have only sold to US bidders

When you say will ship Worldwide are you putting in a specific price for Canada because if you do not know it will not show it as being able to ship to Canada and will not even show up on ebay canada.

I had the opposite happen all the sudden all mine started showing will ship world wide when someplace I will not. Russia for one-- sent 3 packages to Russia and all of them the seller claimed they never got.

There is also a 'privacy' feature that blocks your listing from 'potentially unwanted buyers' or something like that. It blocks it from places where ebay is 'unsure' of or something like that. Make sure those boxes are unchecked. I know they are new and they recently switched their listing formats around to make it 'easier' for people. Those boxes are defaulted on checked so maybe the template you ere using did not have them before, and since ebay added them, they default and you just did not see it.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(08-27-2012, 09:57 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: There is also a 'privacy' feature that blocks your listing from 'potentially unwanted buyers' or something like that. It blocks it from places where ebay is 'unsure' of or something like that. Make sure those boxes are unchecked. I know they are new and they recently switched their listing formats around to make it 'easier' for people. Those boxes are defaulted on checked so maybe the template you ere using did not have them before, and since ebay added them, they default and you just did not see it.
Where are these boxes at?? And to the above question I always had the listing as ships worldwide, no exclusions, flat rate same price world wide @ $4 shipping