`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Question

New Question
Hey guys, been collecting for a few years but just started on here. My question is, what do you do with cards that can't be found in the organizer? How can you get them up for trade and stuff like that? Any help will be appreciated.
Collecting: Steve Smith (Panthers), Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Luke Kuechly, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann
[Image: retGN.png]

RE: New Question
The short answer is you can't. The slightly longer answer is, if you have a licensed sports card that's not in the Beckett database, you can contact Beckett and ask them to add it. From what I hear, it's not something that gets accomplished overnight.

Out of curiosity, what types of cards are you talking about? There's a decent chance you're not inputting the card correctly. The Beckett search formula is pretty good, but it takes some getting used to. Start with the year, brand and player name (for vintage). For newer cards, try entering in the player's name and the card number. If you're having trouble finding a card, try a broad search, then narrow down the results. I don't mean to come across as condescending. When I was new (not that long ago) I had the same issues with some cards. Beckett has the vast, vast majority of licensed cards in their data base. For whatever reason, some cards aren't as easy to find as you'd think.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(08-18-2012, 06:11 PM)uvaspina Wrote: The short answer is you can't. The slightly longer answer is, if you have a licensed sports card that's not in the Beckett database, you can contact Beckett and ask them to add it. From what I hear, it's not something that gets accomplished overnight.

Out of curiosity, what types of cards are you talking about? There's a decent chance you're not inputting the card correctly. The Beckett search formula is pretty good, but it takes some getting used to. Start with the year, brand and player name (for vintage). For newer cards, try entering in the player's name and the card number. If you're having trouble finding a card, try a broad search, then narrow down the results. I don't mean to come across as condescending. When I was new (not that long ago) I had the same issues with some cards. Beckett has the vast, vast majority of licensed cards in their data base. For whatever reason, some cards aren't as easy to find as you'd think.
Yeah I'll have to try that. Just try a more broad search.. And you're not condescending at all. Thanks for the help!
Collecting: Steve Smith (Panthers), Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Luke Kuechly, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann

some cards are really difficult to find in the system, for example I was trying to add some 2012 topps mini's(from the boxes sold online) and at first tried searching with 2012 topps mini but that came up with like 56 pages of cards, I ended up just having to put the year and card number in and just hand searching for the correct card. Sometimes it can be a pain like this but for the most part its not so difficult
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

A lot of the ones I'm typing in, I'm typing in the player, card company and year. And they aren't coming up. Does it have to do with the player relevance or what?

Give us an example of a card you're trying to find. Maybe we can help.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(08-20-2012, 06:22 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Give us an example of a card you're trying to find. Maybe we can help.
I've got a big stack of them but I have an 07 Sage Brady Quinn auto. Red version not numbered. Another is an 06 topps finest Adam Wainwright auto numbered to 299. Another is an 05 UD reflections Marcus Giles patch auto numbered to 50. I just started putting my cards on and have only been through about 30 cards. Those were the bigger/nicer cards so far that I thought should be easy to find.
I've also had a few so far that seem like the right card with the name and everything but the print run does not add up. I just looked at Lyle Overbay 05 patchworks jersey card and the card is numbered to 199 but Beckett has its print run as 86... Thanks for the help by the way. I really do appreciate it!!

OT: uvaspina, are you by any chance a uva fan? Just askin cause of your name.

First thing that jumped out at me was the Topps Finest Adam Wainwright. Is it this? http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2006/fin...au-5516897 If any part of your search is incorrect or not part of what Beckett has it listed as, your search will come up with nothing. Even the spelling being off by a single letter or in this case adding Topps into your search for Finest will result in the system not locating the card.
[Image: Boston.jpg]

(08-20-2012, 07:36 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: First thing that jumped out at me was the Topps Finest Adam Wainwright. Is it this? http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2006/fin...au-5516897 If any part of your search is incorrect or not part of what Beckett has it listed as, your search will come up with nothing. Even the spelling being off by a single letter or in this case adding Topps into your search for Finest will result in the system not locating the card.
Yep that's the one. So would you suggest typing in the specific type of card like Finest instead of Topps?

Even though Topps makes Finest, it's not listed with Topps in the set name. Same as Bowman, made by Topps but not listed as Topps Bowman. It can be tricky sometimes, but you become used to it and will be able to find cards easier the more you look them up.

Also, be sure to type out the year with all 4 digits. 2007 instead of 07. Is this your Brady Quinn? http://www.beckett.com/football/2007/sag...sp-5957893 Still looking for the Giles
Here is the Giles
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2005/ref...ch-5088825
[Image: Boston.jpg]