`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harper over Kubel...WOW

Harper over Kubel...WOW
I know its all about the name so I know why Harper was picked but it shouldn't be allowed anymore.

Kubel - Avg - .292, Hits - 83, Doubles - 20, HR - 15, Rbi's - 60, SLG - .535

League Leading 11 Outfield Assists

Harper - Avg - .283, Hits - 69, Doubles - 15 - HR - 8, Rbi's - 25, SLG - .475

People will say I'm being a homer but whatever Kubel is having the best season of any dbacks and is right on par with the best outfielders in the game. This Harper kid who has done nothing to warrant it gets in ahead of him? 25 RBI's is an all star caliber player?
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Harper over Kubel...WOW
ASG ISNT ABOUT STATS

also?
"Kubel is having the best season of any dbacks"

that's like being the tallest midget

I would expect Kubel to have more RBIs than Harper since Kubel is the cleanup hitter and Harper bats second the majority of the time. Additionally, RBIs are an awful stat to judge someone anyway as it is a stat the relies heavily on the other members of the team ahead of them to get on base in the first place.

The only reason they picked Harper over Kubel is because Harper has the hype to boost the TV ratings. That little boy doesn't belong in the ASG, but what are you gonna do? It's a popularity contest, and as jacobystealshome proves, the Dbacks aren't all that popular across the country, even though Kubel's stats are obviously better than Harper's and he obviously deserves the trip to KC more.

Oh well, c'est la vie.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(07-08-2012, 08:48 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I would expect Kubel to have more RBIs than Harper since Kubel is the cleanup hitter and Harper bats second the majority of the time. Additionally, RBIs are an awful stat to judge someone anyway as it is a stat the relies heavily on the other members of the team ahead of them to get on base in the first place.
Kubel's productivity across the board has been higher and his defense in the field has been amazing. He hasn't been the cleanup hitter all year he was moved there because of his production. RBI's are an awful stat? Lmao they are one of the biggest stats that judge superstar hitters and anyone who says otherwise is just fooling themselves. Kubel leads him in every other category as well so they all must be meaningless stats lol. I love harper don't get me wrong but he doesn't deserve it more than kubel.

[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(07-09-2012, 12:24 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: RBI's are an awful stat? Lmao they are one of the biggest stats that judge superstar hitters and anyone who says otherwise is just fooling themselves.
no, ricelynn is right about rbi's. they are a dependent stat, and most folks that follow advanced sabermetrics minimize their importance.

there are more much advanced stats - rbi percentage with men in scoring position, for instance - that measure how well a batter does in rbi situations, rather than complied numbers that are dependent on how many people are in front of a batter

Yeah the all-star voters are mostly morons. I think that Harper does have all-star stats, even though there are a lot of worthy guys that should be there that aren't. Jed Lowrie, I think he should be starting at short for the NL. (he's on the Astros by the way). And RBIs are one of the most overrated stats (and Harper bats 2nd anyway) , along with runs scored and hits. Quantitative stats are never a way to judge someone.
and I bet the tallest midget in the world is taller than you think
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Harper sure showed his true talent last nite at the ASG when he missed that fly ball.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(07-11-2012, 08:58 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: Harper sure showed his true talent last nite at the ASG when he missed that fly ball.
You forgot his base running mistake by being caught in a rundown.

Harper and Kubel have the same WAR (1.4)...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)