`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Platinum advice

Platinum advice
I took part in a Bowman Platinum group break the other night and was fortunate enough to land the Jered Weaver Auto Relic Patch Red Refractor numbered to 25. Or, at least, the redemption card for it.

But now I'm at a crossroads ... do I hang on to it and enjoy my card in a year (I'm not a Weaver collector) or do I sell before Platinum begins its inevitable decline. Saw one go online for $65 and another one's being offered for a bin price of $99.99.

Do you think I'd be happy in a month or so or very disappointed if I could get a price in that range.

Any input is appreciated
Kepler

RE: Platinum advice
if it was me I would keep it. he's a solid pitcher and I only sell things when they are rookies that will drop in value. his stuff won't drop for a looooong time. hope this helps.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

As a Minnesota boy I'm having a hard time taking advice from a Sox (or at least Sale) and Packers fan. haha. But seriously thanks for your opinion ... pretty new getting back into this and want to make good decisions when I get lucky like this.
Kepler

I would sell it and buy something of a player you do collect

I would redeem it first. He's signed all his cards so far this year (I've had a couple Weavers redeemed and sent to me within a couple weeks) so you should receive the card in a timely manner. The real cards usually sell for more than the redemptions, though prices drop after a product has been out a while. However, with the season Weaver is having he could very well win the Cy Young award. You never know what's going to happen, but I'd at least redeem the card and then sell it afterward if I didn't want it. You can always trade it! I've been looking at those actually but don't think I want one that pricey.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Thanks, guys, that's some good info. I didn't realize he'd already signed. I was worried it would be like my 2011 Platinum Matt Harvey that I redeemed in February that won't ship until mid-month. The year he's having is really what's making me think hard about it.
Kepler

(08-02-2012, 12:22 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: As a Minnesota boy I'm having a hard time taking advice from a Sox (or at least Sale) and Packers fan. haha. But seriously thanks for your opinion ... pretty new getting back into this and want to make good decisions when I get lucky like this.
All sox all the time!! Big Grin

Revolving signature

I would give it to me Smile lol. In all honesty though I would keep it, even though this is coming from a biased Weaver collector it looks like it will be a nice card and I am sure he's gonna win the Cy Young so even if you do sell it you can probably get more for it later.
[Image: 5kXMQ.jpg][/URL]
Collecting Angels, Mariners, SF Giants, Lakers, NY Giants, Penguins

Misc Players: Evan Longoria, Clayton Kershaw, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Danica Patrick, Yasiel Puig, Paul George, Joey Votto, Aaron Rodgers and so on.

(08-02-2012, 04:52 PM)Drudkh Wrote: I would give it to me Smile lol. In all honesty though I would keep it, even though this is coming from a biased Weaver collector it looks like it will be a nice card and I am sure he's gonna win the Cy Young so even if you do sell it you can probably get more for it later.
disagree with the cy young part. Most likely david price or chris sale at a close secord.

(08-02-2012, 04:52 PM)Drudkh Wrote: I would give it to me Smile lol. In all honesty though I would keep it, even though this is coming from a biased Weaver collector it looks like it will be a nice card and I am sure he's gonna win the Cy Young so even if you do sell it you can probably get more for it later.
disagree with the cy young part. Most likely david price or chris sale at a close second.

Revolving signature