`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Big Prospect?

Next Big Prospect?
It is so tough trying to tell the future and think about who the next big prospect will be.

As some have read, years ago my brother bought groups of a Cano card #'d to 50.

I find myself now thinking who I can buy off eBay that can evolve over the next few years and be the next mike trout or something.

What's the best card you pulled years ago as a minor leaguer that became somebody awesome?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

RE: Next Big Prospect?
Well, if you read the second to last issue of Beckett, I predicted Trout would be THE Rookie, this year. Was I smart enough to buy up everything before he became popular ....nope, not me.
Predicting into next year is harder since I don't get to see a lot of minor leaguers until later in this season when the roster expansion comes into play,but I'll keep my eyes open.
Probably the best minor league card I ever pulled ..... Was Yu Darvish. It was that 2009 WBC card. Probably the least valuable Darvish card, ever.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.