`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A&G Question

A&G Question
In my box there was an orangish mini card with 1/1 handwritten on the back - what is it?

Yes, I am serious

RE: A&G Question
Does it appear to have a wooden feel? If so you got a woodie and those are extremely rare! Who is the player? Congrats btw can you post a scan?

very nice have to see pic.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

It's gotta be a Wood 1/1, Congrats man, would love to know who it is and see a scan if you can Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(07-11-2012, 06:07 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: It's gotta be a Wood 1/1, Congrats man, would love to know who it is and see a scan if you can Smile
Thanks - looking at it closer, I did notice a wood grain pattern which makes it much clearer. I don't have a scanner, but its B.J. Upton
the funny thing was that just last week I was talking with the owner of the LCS here about the Allen & Ginter cards in that I've always found them fun and appropriate to buy since I live near Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens which was originally an amusement park owned by Lewis Ginter - but never hit anything good (and the owner noted that no one he knows ever hit anything that good in them either) - the sad part is that it actually took looking in the book on Lewis Ginter's life before I put 2 and 2 together - I mean, the fact that there was a bunch of stuff named for a tabacco baron named Ginter here should have made it obvious - but I didn't realize that besides forming Dominion Power, the Jefferson Hotel, several trolley lines, and cofoundng the American Tobacco Company that Lewis Ginter also invented baseball cards.

And I live in a neighborhood he founded. And the LCS is located here too - and the owner also noted he didn't put it together despite having a banner with the name Ginter right in front of the store.

Just an interesting point - but I guess I've finally hit something big in A&G