`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Help

OT Help
My brother has been doing genealogy project for some time now. He came across some info about our great uncle last night. It seems he played minor league (class D) in Pennsylvania State Association. He played for two teams in two years. He spent a year and half with Oil City Oilers (feed into the Pittsburg Pirates) and half season with Butler Yankees (feed into the Yankees of course). I was wondering if anyone knows where I can see a team photo of the Butler Yankees during this time or game pics (which I don’t think game pics exist due to the league being class D and it being 1942). I’ve tried Google and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

RE: OT Help
I found the best way is to find out which town they played in, a lot of towns had ball fields/stadiums for these leagues, they are being used today for the College summer leagues, like in NY with my son...
Found out the town and look into the museums there. local stuff and newspapers from the time frame..I have had luck with old pics there..

Thanks for the help. Couldnt find anything on line however the city they are from has not put there 1942 papers on line yet (but somehow they can put there 1914 papers on line). I will try to see if I can't get my hands on some copies from then though.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

that's pretty cool! I'm related to some football players, alan ameche and glen davis
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Well my mom side of the family are big Colts fan! Although I'm Chiefs fan so I dont like them to much LOL.

(07-07-2012, 08:27 AM)beginesj Wrote: My brother has been doing genealogy project for some time now. He came across some info about our great uncle last night. It seems he played minor league (class D) in Pennsylvania State Association. He played for two teams in two years. He spent a year and half with Oil City Oilers (feed into the Pittsburg Pirates) and half season with Butler Yankees (feed into the Yankees of course). I was wondering if anyone knows where I can see a team photo of the Butler Yankees during this time or game pics (which I don’t think game pics exist due to the league being class D and it being 1942). I’ve tried Google and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.
PM me, what info you have as I am currently in between both towns, and I will go through the old papers at the library and see if I can find anything (it's all on microfilm, so it may take a few days.)

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35