`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Weird baseball lamp, anyone familiar?

OT: Weird baseball lamp, anyone familiar?
My father in law brought this over & it seems like the only way i can get it to light is when the ball is held midway between the base & top. A magnet holds the ball at the top or sits in the base. Next to the power supply is a screw that doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have or seen one of these? I couldn't find anything like it online, has no name or instruction sheet.

[Image: mets1.jpg]

[Image: mets2.jpg]
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

RE: OT: Weird baseball lamp, anyone familiar?
i think its missing a piece but not sure.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

(07-05-2012, 08:21 PM)bman12 Wrote: i think its missing a piece but not sure.
I thought of that too but can't figure what it would be, also the molded plastic packaging had no empty spaces.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,

(07-05-2012, 05:18 PM)krn001 Wrote: My father in law brought this over & it seems like the only way i can get it to light is when the ball is held midway between the base & top. A magnet holds the ball at the top or sits in the base. Next to the power supply is a screw that doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have or seen one of these? I couldn't find anything like it online, has no name or instruction sheet.
It probably has a magnetic switch in the top and is supposed to light when the ball is attached. It is probably out of adjustment.

Ray

(07-05-2012, 09:14 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: It probably has a magnetic switch in the top and is supposed to light when the ball is attached. It is probably out of adjustment.

Ray
Thanks for the tip... i'll check & see what happens. It's just one of those things that drives me nuts when something doesn't work unless it's defective.

VERY interesting piece! I wish I could help. I hope you can figure it out b/c it looks like a great piece of memorabilia.

The ball is suppsoed to "float" between the top and bottom because of magnets on the top and bottom and you jsut pull the bal laway when you want to turn off the light

I tihnk so anyway..could the bottom magent be missing?
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

That is a 2010 gift to New York Mets season ticket holders. There is nothing missing. If you set up the lamp so the magnets are aligned properly, then pull the ball down about a quarter of an inch and let go, it should float there and the lamp should stay on. Then you just move the ball to turn it off. Here: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/yo...-103029274
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(07-06-2012, 10:58 AM)dbacks08 Wrote: That is a 2010 gift to New York Mets season ticket holders. There is nothing missing. If you set up the lamp so the magnets are aligned properly, then pull the ball down about a quarter of an inch and let go, it should float there and the lamp should stay on. Then you just move the ball to turn it off. Here: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/yo...-103029274
Thanks.... i'll try it & post if i got it to work.

I bought one (the worthpoint one). The ball floats but it is very hard to get it in the right spot.
[Image: banner.png]