`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I miss the Diamond Giveaway Site Already

RE: I miss the Diamond Giveaway Site Already
I agree with all that the 2011 was much more fun than 2012.

My only issue is when I traded for a 1982 Pascual Perez error NPO card. Requested delivery back in November - Topps sent the other 24 cards, but not the Pascual Error - said it was back ordered?

Then a week ago, UPS shows up with a package from Topps (received an email saying it shipped about a week before) - opened it up and there is my beautiful 1982 Pascual Perez card with "Pitcher" on the front???? Waited 8 months to ship and then sent the regular version?

Thanks Topps!
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(07-05-2012, 09:50 AM)kinarism Wrote: I also loved the diamond giveaway site...and like many of you, it got me back into cards (not sure that is a good thing...spending too much money now)....
I was one of the lucky ones to get a Diamond card (James Loney...pics posted here somewhere) and I got it within my first 15 or so digs...I never really got into trading much there but I really wish I had...
Hopefully someone at Topps takes note! Wow, lucky you got that Loney card! Way to go, and I am very jealous. I figured with all the code cards I pumped into that site, I'd hit at least once.
(07-05-2012, 01:06 PM)hab831 Wrote: i miss it too. logging on the diamond giveaway site was part of my daily routine for a year. i spent way too much money on packs and codes but it was lots of fun. [snip] i'm trying to gain the same excitement for the golden giveaway site but i'm not quite there yet.
yeah, I was obsessively there on a daily basis, too. The old site, there were limitless possibilities, this new one is terribly limited. I've got about 20 cards and need only about 2-4 others to complete the players that I'm interested in. Once I get those, not much reason to be there.
(07-05-2012, 01:07 PM)hellsbells Wrote: I agree with all that the 2011 was much more fun than 2012.

My only issue is when I traded for a 1982 Pascual Perez error NPO card. Requested delivery back in November - Topps sent the other 24 cards, but not the Pascual Error - said it was back ordered?

Then a week ago, UPS shows up with a package from Topps (received an email saying it shipped about a week before) - opened it up and there is my beautiful 1982 Pascual Perez card with "Pitcher" on the front???? Waited 8 months to ship and then sent the regular version?

Thanks Topps!
I've received about 5 shipments, and awaiting another 5 or so. Never had a problem .... Yet. I'm sure if you call customer service, they'll make it right. My only complaint was that some cards shipped were in horrible shape, but some were terrific, so I figure over the long haul, it's a wash.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I had forgotten about that site until I just read this post. I still had a few cards unshipped and 1 was a diamond cut or whatever they were called of Cueto. I didn't realize they were shutting it down. I dug up a Mantle virtual ring and sold it for $500. I also hit a Duensing real diamond and still have it in my collection.
Cal Ripken Jr Collection
[url]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/bigalbert233
2/?[/url]

I hit the Mantle ring and ended up needing to trade for Babe Ruth to finish my set. So I hit the Mantle ring and then had to trade to finish the ring set.

(07-05-2012, 08:28 PM)bigalbert Wrote: I had forgotten about that site until I just read this post. I still had a few cards unshipped and 1 was a diamond cut or whatever they were called of Cueto. I didn't realize they were shutting it down. I dug up a Mantle virtual ring and sold it for $500. I also hit a Duensing real diamond and still have it in my collection.
I believe you have until the end of the month to request shipping of your cards, after that Topps keeps'em. That Cueto diamond die cut would be a nice gift for reminding you about your forgotten and nearly lost Topps treasure Smile. Just kidding. But don't forget to have it shipped, pal.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-05-2012, 11:13 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I believe you have until the end of the month to request shipping of your cards, after that Topps keeps'em. That Cueto diamond die cut would be a nice gift for reminding you about your forgotten and nearly lost Topps treasure Smile. Just kidding. But don't forget to have it shipped, pal.
Hey thanks for posting this, I went on the site tonite and had the cueto and 23 other cards shipped out to me. I had all the 50's and most of the 60's shipped earlier along with a topps set. I had two accounts and still had one of these unshipped in my other account-Topps 60th Anniversary Commemorative Set. So that is now on its way. Thanks again. DR., I worded that a bit wrong above, the diamond is in my pc collection not still at topps. However you did help me get another anniversary set on the way. Kudos
Cal Ripken Jr Collection
[url]http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/bigalbert233
2/?[/url]

(07-07-2012, 10:07 PM)bigalbert Wrote: Hey thanks for posting this, I went on the site tonite and had the cueto and 23 other cards shipped out to me. I had all the 50's and most of the 60's shipped earlier along with a topps set. I had two accounts and still had one of these unshipped in my other account-Topps 60th Anniversary Commemorative Set. So that is now on its way. Thanks again. DR., I worded that a bit wrong above, the diamond is in my pc collection not still at topps. However you did help me get another anniversary set on the way. Kudos
Glad that I was of some help. Would suck if that stuff went unclaimed.

This year's site is awful. 45 codes entered, 2 cards unlocked. I traded for the Ozzie and now I'm done with the site until Update releases. Last years site had me returning almost daily.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!