`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Bowman Errors... Rare?

2012 Bowman Errors... Rare?
I just recently got back into buying cards after about ten years away from it. Tonight I bought 2 blaster box's of 2012 Bowman from Wal Mart. To my (possible) delight, I found I had some error cards in about 3 consecutive packs. I am wondering if anyone has encountered the same thing or not. Are these rare?

Here is what they are.

Brandon Phillips #145
Jarrod Parker #213
Matt Garza #6
Casey Kotchman #43
Jared Weaver #3
Tyler Pastornicky #202
B.J. Upton #41
Jose Valverde #50
Stephen Strasburg #169
Bud Norris #172
Alex Rodriguez #63

These cards all look normal at first glance, but in the black section where you normally have the silver foil printed name and where you have the foil printed position below it, you have nothing. You can see that they were stamped if you look at the card just right in the light, but there is no foil stamp.

The Bud Norris is the only one that is a little different. "Bud" and "Pitcher" are printed fine, but in Norris there are black lines through the "o", "R's" and "S" where it looks like it was stamped again or the silver Foil may have came off.

I have bought 3 of these boxes this week and I have not had any others except for these ones that came in 3 consecutive packs I opened.

Thoughts?

RE: 2012 Bowman Errors... Rare?
printing flaw, not an error. it just missed the foil process or was interrupted in the middle. most folks look at these as flawed card, and thus worth less. however, you might be able to find a player collector who might want an oddball card, but more often than not, there isnt a premium

Thank you for your response. Like I said, I have been out of it for a while, so wasn't sure. Was obviously hoping I had landed on some rare stuff. Smile Thanks for the info!
One more question. None of these cards are really worth going through a lot for, but say this happened on a card worth while, would Topps replace the card?

(06-30-2012, 10:37 PM)rickygbutts Wrote: Thank you for your response. Like I said, I have been out of it for a while, so wasn't sure. Was obviously hoping I had landed on some rare stuff. Smile Thanks for the info!
One more question. None of these cards are really worth going through a lot for, but say this happened on a card worth while, would Topps replace the card?
I have a number od 2010 bowman with same flaw, carries no premium. Topps replaces cards but no guarantee it's the same you'll get in return.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered