Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sell cards that to save money for college
Question 
How to sell cards that to save money for college
I am going to be going to college soon and I have about 2 large boxes of cards, most of them which are not worth more than 10¢. I looked up every card on beckett and added them to my organizer and each box was valued at about $800, and for both of them together it came to about $1700.00. I was wondering though since there are a majority that aren't worth a lot, what is a good way to be able to sell them. I have thought about selling them on ebay for $1.00 for 10 cards or something like that. I want to be able to get rid of most of them and still make reasonable money. If you have any past experiences with selling cards that are valued at less than 50¢ please tell me.
Thankshttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

RE: How to sell cards that to save money for college
how many cards? 500? 1000? 5000?

most sellers sell 3200 cards of that ilk for 20-30 dollars plus shipping for the whole shebang

I have about 4,000 cards including 2 that are Autographed

So that's an average of under $0.50 per card. Selling on eBay won't get you much money for those cards, unless you have any that book for over $10 (and then they might be worth selling individually on eBay). It really depends on exactly what the cards are that you have. I tried to check your organize, but it's setup as private. Your best bet would probably be to sell the $0.10 cards in lots at a garage sale for something along the lines of 10 card lots for a quarter. That might not sound like much money, but you could make $25 if you sold 100 lots (and that's about the same amount of money you would get trying to sell a lot of 4,000 common cards). You can try asking more than a quarter per lot, but you probably won't sell that many if the price is much higher. Before you make the lots put aside all the cards that have value of $1 or higher and try selling them separately.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Ok thanks so much i was also thinking of selling them in groups of like 10 on Ebay for $0.25 and that is a lot of help, how can i change it so it is a public organize so you can look

Don't waste your time with 25c lots on Ebay - in general people buying on Ebay aren't looking for 10 random base cards.

Besides, by the time Ebay, Paypal, etc all take a cut you will probably actually end up losing money.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

would it be a good idea to sell them in groups 50,75,100? Is there any way you get rid of the cards that aren't worth much?

(07-01-2012, 10:56 AM)titansuperbowl Wrote: would it be a good idea to sell them in groups 50,75,100? Is there any way you get rid of the cards that aren't worth much?
youd be better off giving them to charity and taking the tax write off

honestly:

let's say you sell them in a group of 500 cards in a lot

the max you could expect from that is 5 dollars. plus you have to charge for shipping. ebay hits with fees to list, final value fees on the sale AND your shipping charge. then paypal takes their cut. plus, you still have to ship them, pay for materials to ship them out

after everyone takes their cut, that 5 dollars? you might make 2.50. maybe

that's optimistic

the fact is, i doubt you could even make a sale for 500 base cards worth less than a dollar each, even if you started at 5 dollars

ok thanks for all of your help

I say we all list our 80's - 90's cards in our org. Then someone will be the leader to assign each person cards to burn. Leaving only 1,000 or so of each card to exist. I'll put half mine in the fire if it means the other half will actually be worth more than 1/100 of a cent. Finally reducing the over saturation and end these 'what do I do with 10,000 cards everyone already has.'
2. ??????
3. Profit.
[Image: badtime.jpg]