`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deserving All-Stars

RE: Deserving All-Stars
(06-28-2012, 08:52 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I feel the exact opposite, the DH rule is horrible and should be gotten rid of.... they should have never adopted it in the 1st place... with that style of baseball you really hardly even need a manager I mean it's not like he has to make as many of the tough in game decisions like who/when to use a pinch hitter, squeeze plays, it just is a sloppy form of baseball in my opinion
I couldn't agree more!
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

The whole "which league is better because they have/don't have the DH" is a long ago beaten horse that typically ends up the same way. The fans of a NL team are against it and the fans of an AL team are for it. Go figure.

I think the situation was more unique prior to the introduction of inter-league. With inter-league in play now, and from what I've read with an inter-league series always going on at some point in the season once Houston crosses over, I think it's time MLB get together and decide, somehow, on one set of rules.

Both are unique and I would think could be appreciated for what they are as opposed to what they are not.

(06-28-2012, 08:52 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: I feel the exact opposite, the DH rule is horrible and should be gotten rid of.... they should have never adopted it in the 1st place... with that style of baseball you really hardly even need a manager I mean it's not like he has to make as many of the tough in game decisions like who/when to use a pinch hitter, squeeze plays, it just is a sloppy form of baseball in my opinion
I don't think it makes that big of a difference in a game but with the AL having a DH just preserves the pitcher. I think about it in this way a pitcher going into the 6th inning and he is about to bat after throwing 80 pitches don't you think that his arm will already be sore or tired so he will not be hitting the best he can as his swing will not be the same as all the other players. But your normally talking 3 to possibly 4 at bats a game for them so it’s not as big of an impact as people make it. Let say a pitcher is batting .200 it’s not good but when the DH is batting .275 to .300 your latterly talking a difference of 1 in every 10 at bats or about one in every 3 games. I do agree they need to go one way or the other as both leagues need to be the same but it doesn’t matter to me which way they go.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]