`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finding out the value of hockey cards

finding out the value of hockey cards
My son has hundreds of thousands of hockey cards he's collected over the years, how do I find out how much they are worth? Thanks

RE: finding out the value of hockey cards
purchase a price guide either online or a hard copy

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

k..that seems simple enough. However...he has a Gretzky rookie card that looks identical to ones listed on E-bay, but the price differentiates between $ 200 up to $ 25 000. How do you know what the value of the one I have, when they all look identical?? The back, the from, the wording...and its mint!

depending on condition and also if the card is graded if it is, who did the grading
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

condition drives the price of vintage cards. Condition is described in the price guides. You can also scan the card and flip it to a store in your area that deals in vintage and they can give you a pretty accurate answer to values. If you can't find anyone, flip the scan to me.

As for values... A card is really just worth what people will pay for it. As a realist, you must recognize that you can be sitting on $10K in BV but getting the full $10K does not ever happen. It is a competitive world (and I am sure you have seen this now on ebay) so when you go to sell a card, you are competing against 200 other people selling the same card.

All good information. It may be wise to find someone local that you trust to help you determine value.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

xxx

You have to purchase the price guide to see pricing, members here aren't allowed to post prices, it's against the rules.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/