Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 mickey mantle score auto

1992 mickey mantle score auto
http://img.beckett.com/images/items_stoc.../front.jpg
hello everyone. was wondering if this card is legit. i mean i see it here on the beckett website and its worth quite a bit.
but was wondering if these have ever been forged?
is there a serial number on the back?
reason i ask is i have guy i found on craigslist who wants to trade the card for my home speakers straight up. dont know to much about the card. i mean from the pic on here, it looks so generic. idk. help would be appreciated.
thanks

RE: 1992 mickey mantle score auto
(06-20-2012, 06:05 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: http://img.beckett.com/images/items_stoc.../front.jpg
hello everyone. was wondering if this card is legit. i mean i see it here on the beckett website and its worth quite a bit.
but was wondering if these have ever been forged?
is there a serial number on the back?
reason i ask is i have guy i found on craigslist who wants to trade the card for my home speakers straight up. dont know to much about the card. i mean from the pic on here, it looks so generic. idk. help would be appreciated.
thanks
Yes, its ONLY legit if it says on the back "xxxx of 2500 autographed cards" (xxxx being the serial number).
These were inserted as part of the Mantle 7 card set. Score even put out packs of the complete set (all 7 cards in one pack).

great!!! then i am getting a nice card!! thanks for the help!!

Yep, if it says one of 2,500 autographed cards on the back, it is legit. I actually pulled one of those back then at a local flea market. I wasn't very old and people were offering me all kinds of stuff for it. My brother grabbed me and took me home. It is probably my favorite card.

That is a 1991 Score auto. The 1992 looks like this:

[Image: scan0159.jpg]

Either way, sounds like a great pick up!
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Score did this with Dimaggio one year too (1992 I think) and were part of series tw0. I was at the Toronto Expo in May and bought a few boxes of these at $5 a piece hoping to hit one....alas my son got a few boxes worth of Score to add to his collection and that's all.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

wow, nice piece of history right there. havent heard back from the guy that wants to trade me for my speakers. hopefully he is not changing his mind!! lol