Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$5 turns into a whole lot more...
Big Grin 
$5 turns into a whole lot more...
Hey guys! So, I bought a jumbo box of 2012 topps series one and with the codes I actually got 2 cards. Nolan Ryan and David Wright. Then I went to the lcs and bought a few packs of regular topps series 2. Got 2 codes, got 2 cards from it. So then I thought I was on a hot streak since these die-cuts are 1:15 codes (I had 12 codes and got 4 cards). So then I started to buy codes off the bay. Bought a 9 codes lot for $10, got a rickey henderson card from it. Then I bought a 7 card lot for $7.50, got all coins. Then I got another 7 card lot for $4.75. He emailed me the codes a half hour ago. Put the first one in, got an adam jones card. I thought, this is already worth it. Then the very next code, BAM! Yoenis Cespedes. It's considered the SSP of the set including darvish. They sell pretty well too. I also had some real nice football breaks too. Will post those in the football box breaks tomorrow.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

RE: $5 turns into a whole lot more...
If the ratio is 1:15 cards to coins then I am simply incredibly cold on these, as in I haven't unlocked a single card just coins. I think your hot streak on these is balanced by me. Heck put your streak in and the balance of the universe still tilts toward the bad...
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Ride that wave baby!!! Awesome stuff!
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(06-14-2012, 09:16 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: If the ratio is 1:15 cards to coins then I am simply incredibly cold on these, as in I haven't unlocked a single card just coins. I think your hot streak on these is balanced by me. Heck put your streak in and the balance of the universe still tilts toward the bad...
lol!

(06-14-2012, 09:23 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: Ride that wave baby!!! Awesome stuff!
haha thanks man!

Revolving signature

I got 4 cards out of 20 codes. Someone just accepted my trade of Eddie Murray and Chase Utley for Nolan Ryan. Now I'm trying to trade that up for a gold Nolan Ryan.

By jumbo box I assume you mean a box of jumbo packs not the hanger boxes. Boxes are $90-$100. We'll say $90. Then a few more packs, so 3ish @ $2 each is $6. Then $10, $7.50, and $4.75. Congratulations, you spent $118.25, not $5.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(06-15-2012, 08:48 AM)acevanquish Wrote: I got 4 cards out of 20 codes. Someone just accepted my trade of Eddie Murray and Chase Utley for Nolan Ryan. Now I'm trying to trade that up for a gold Nolan Ryan.

By jumbo box I assume you mean a box of jumbo packs not the hanger boxes. Boxes are $90-$100. We'll say $90. Then a few more packs, so 3ish @ $2 each is $6. Then $10, $7.50, and $4.75. Congratulations, you spent $118.25, not $5.
I actually got the jumbo for $68... and I was just talking about the codes that got me cespedes.

Revolving signature

I know, it was playful and not trying to start an argument. Nice price on the box. Did you order it very early or...?
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(06-15-2012, 10:28 AM)acevanquish Wrote: I know, it was playful and not trying to start an argument. Nice price on the box. Did you order it very early or...?
no I won it off of ebay! It had some pretty decent hits too.

Revolving signature

Congrats on your 'internet' hits!
Dustin Pedroia Collector

[Image: Pedroia%20Beckett_zpsyhzs8kbs.jpg]

(06-15-2012, 02:52 PM)jestoos Wrote: Congrats on your 'internet' hits!
thanks!

Revolving signature