`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do some Ebay sellers just like paying the Fees?

Do some Ebay sellers just like paying the Fees?
So recently i decided to go All in on Dan Majerle Base, Inserts, oddballs whatever so i've been looking at Ebay daying for deals on his stuff.. I found One auction that just made my head Spin..

One seller had a 90'S Insert BGS 10 listed at $75 this is a Card that Books for $3 Are you kidding me? I gues this guy just likes paying the listing fees no way this card sells for more then $10 bucks BGS 10's dont carry that much of a Premium.

Funny thing is i found the PSA 10 of the same card the Seller has it listed at .99 starting price with Free Shipping im taking my chances on this card instead.

RE: Do some Ebay sellers just like paying the Fees?
He could have put it up on the free listing period and then relist it for free afterwards

still not seeing that card selling for anymore then 10 bucks shipped if he thinks so he is crazy

(06-13-2012, 11:51 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: So recently i decided to go All in on Dan Majerle Base, Inserts, oddballs whatever so i've been looking at Ebay daying for deals on his stuff.. I found One auction that just made my head Spin..

One seller had a 90'S Insert BGS 10 listed at $75 this is a Card that Books for $3 Are you kidding me? I gues this guy just likes paying the listing fees no way this card sells for more then $10 bucks BGS 10's dont carry that much of a Premium.

Funny thing is i found the PSA 10 of the same card the Seller has it listed at .99 starting price with Free Shipping im taking my chances on this card instead.
50 free listings a month

i put up a few crazy things every month and see if someone will bite

Price is somewhat high..., but I think yours is low for a BGS 10. Don't underestimate a Pristine grade.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(06-13-2012, 01:23 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Price is somewhat high..., but I think yours is low for a BGS 10. Don't underestimate a Pristine grade.
You think a Pristine 10 more then Triples the Value of a card?

I could see a Jordan or Kobe but a Dan Majerle?

I can see this in a couple different views. First of all maybe the seller truly thinks this card is worth that much. Some people believe that a grade increases the value of a card. Which in most circumstances it does. However to say that a BGS 9.5 or even BGs 10 grade increases the value 4-5 times seems high to me. But the seller can list for whatever. I have always thought though if you simply lowered your prices to a reasonable asking price, you would make money. I look at some people with MJ cards and they are asking 2k for a card that typically sells for 1k.

Another thing is maybe the seller has no clue. Not to say this in a rude manner, but sometimes they do not have enough info on how the card sells. Another thing is maybe they do it intentially to see if anyone buys the card at that price.

It is still confusing to me though too. Back when I first started collecting Kyle Weaver, a seller had a card I needed. The card booked for $25 and the seller was asking $23. No way was I going to pay 90% of BV for a Weaver card, I offered him $15. In my opinion this was even high, but I needed it for PC and figured I would pay a little more. I got an instant denial of my offer and the seller said no way this card would sell for only $15. Well 2 years later the seller has the card still listed for the same price. Since then I have obtained a different versoin of the card for I believe under $10. Instead of making nothing the seller could have made something. He will most likely hold on to that card forever...seems odd to me.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

The 50 free listings a month means people can list things for higher than they expect them to sell for and then continually relist them for a little less each time until it sells. This at least keeps the seller from having an open auction end for $0.99 simply because the right bidders missed it that week.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

bbills- I agree 100%. No one is checking for Dan Majerle. It's all about what you can get for the items you have. Majerle collectors are hard to come by. When I see something that I like I usually check out the sellers other listings. If they are asking crazy prices for other items, I usually leave them alone altogether. With some players it doesn't matter if the card was slabbed a BGS 15, people aren't going to buy it, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]