`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to the KINGS!!

RE: Congrats to the KINGS!!
(06-12-2012, 12:02 PM)wickabee Wrote: It's too bad the refs decided to hand the Kings the Cup on a platter instead of letting them earn it on their own. I believe they would have won it without the officials' help, but now I'll never know.
Sorry, but I agree with this too. I think Quick was amazing, but it stops there with me.

You cant say they didnt earn the cup. They won 15 other games in the playoffs. Granted the last one may have some poor reffing doesnt take away from the rest. They beat the all the top seeded teams easily and outscored their opponentsby almost 20 goals I believe. This year they had it from the get-go.

With Simon Gagne, Jeff Carter & Mike Richards hoisting the Cup, there will be a lot of looting & rioting...in Philadelphia.

Here is my view on this did the Kings dominate certainly until they met up with the Devils the Devils and Kings matched up perfectly right down to goaltending....I was disappointed in last nights game did Bernier deserve the 5 minute penalty certainly ....but on the other hand if the penalty was called for nailing Gionta maybe that Bernier penalty may not have taken place ....through the series the officials let the Kings get away with a ton of holding penalties behind their net and backboards but hey I can live with that ....I was just disappointed that they (the Officials) decided this game after the Devils made this such a good series ...it would have been nice a game 7 ...that is just my opinion and take on this series ...calling out the Devils and saying the Kings dominated them be sincere and think again it is okay to see your team win but there is no need for BS I watched the series .......
Another note saying Marty looked good then disappeared or did not look good later ...ha ha ha ...don't make me laugh Marty's play and accomplishments throughout his career will more than likely go unchallenged ....secondly he has been in the league long enough to know when he is fighting a losing battle meaning the officiating ...I was tempted to turn off the game for the first time throughout these playoffs ....what I had seen was very clear Kings were going to win the Cup the officiating made certain of that ....but I watched because I knew the Devils would still force the play...

I watched plenty of playoff games this spring, not just Kings, and every game has their missed calls and non-calls. I do think some of this criticism is a little much because I do not see anybody undermining other previous Cup winners by using this "refs gave them the game" stuff any other year. Did the Bruins, Blackhawks, or Penguins (just to name a few) get favorable calls to achieve their Cup title? Another way to look at it is this theory of bad officiating to favor LA is coming from conspiracy theorists. Also, the talk of the NHL favoring LA on multiple forums has come from fans of the teams they beat. Just a coincidence. Phoenix was complaining immediately after game 5 that the refs and the NHL weren't going to let them win the whole thing either. Now I guess NJ could say the same thing. Again, conspiracy, but will be hard to prove.

I am a Hab's fan...your the L.A fan good for you .......indeed plenty of missed calls in these playoffs and I watch almost every Playoff game as I do every season.....the call was not missed they had seen the hit they chose not to call it ....but after a hit like the Bernier hit they were left with no choice but to call that so what it comes down to is this they have to call every call or else accusations will fly .....all other reasoning is just blah blah those are the hard cold facts...it is just a real bummer that the game had to be decided like that having to make the call.......some of the comments were a little bit much... this series could have went either way any one who knows anything about the game knows that!

(06-13-2012, 01:14 AM)ak11 Wrote: I watched plenty of playoff games this spring, not just Kings, and every game has their missed calls and non-calls. I do think some of this criticism is a little much because I do not see anybody undermining other previous Cup winners by using this "refs gave them the game" stuff any other year. Did the Bruins, Blackhawks, or Penguins (just to name a few) get favorable calls to achieve their Cup title? Another way to look at it is this theory of bad officiating to favor LA is coming from conspiracy theorists. Also, the talk of the NHL favoring LA on multiple forums has come from fans of the teams they beat. Just a coincidence. Phoenix was complaining immediately after game 5 that the refs and the NHL weren't going to let them win the whole thing either. Now I guess NJ could say the same thing. Again, conspiracy, but will be hard to prove.
Yup. Everyone's just mad they lost. You cracked it...[Image: rolleyes.gif]
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(06-13-2012, 01:14 AM)ak11 Wrote: I do think some of this criticism is a little much because I do not see anybody undermining other previous Cup winners by using this "refs gave them the game" stuff any other year. Did the Bruins, Blackhawks, or Penguins (just to name a few) get favorable calls to achieve their Cup title?
Well, naturally you won't see it now, because those were all previous years.. but absolutely did people say the Bruins, Hawk and Pens all got favorable calls. It happens every year. To think the Kings are the only team in history (or recent history) to be subject to the "refs gave it to them" talk, you're crazy... I very distinctly remember 08 and 09 because it was Wings/Pens both times and all the talk was abou the NHL wanting Crosby to win a Cup..

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

It wasn't even the last one that had poor reffing. Early in the Blues series they had the blown boarding call that should have been a double minor at the least if not a game misconduct. The Kings got away with a lot and they took advantage of it. I'm not saying the Blues could have beat Quick, but that first major blown call got under their skin and affected the whole series.

I will say though that the overall regular season had poor officiating. Shanahan has done an absolutely horrible job in explaining what is and isn't allowed and the whole season showed MUCH bias in terms of allowing some questionable hits and penalizing some that weren't nearly as bad as some that went un-punished. I agree with player safety and that it should be taken seriously, but if it's a big name player taking the hit it seems like this year it was reviewed under a microscope....and hits on lower budget teams kinda got brushed off with less punishment.

I won't take anything away from the Kings win by saying it was undeserved or anything like that, but the refs made quite a difference in the outcome.

I don't think the refs changed the outcome all that much. I think they deprived everyone of actually getting to watch it.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com