`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FYI - BGS is offering $7 per card at the 20 day service level for the month of June

RE: FYI - BGS is offering $7 per card at the 20 day service level for the month of June
Looks better as a NYG, lol.

[Image: IMG-20120319-01467.jpg]
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

RE: FYI - BGS is offering $7 per card at the 20 day service level for the month of June
Im currently testing my beliefs on psa and beckett. I had a psa card graded 9, busted it out, and sent it to beckett. They say typically you can expect .5 lower from bgs. But im betting i still get a 9 or possibly better. Also, I really hate the labels for psa which is why i would never grade with them. But I do see a lot of inconsistency with beckett. To me its kind of a lose lose game. So just go with what looks better lol.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Csonka will always be a Phin lol. I still would add that Giants card to my PC though. lol. You do a ot of grading with BGS. Whats your take on the BVG vs. PSA debate? Is it just about personal preference or is there actual evidence of PSA being better? My gut tells me BVG/BGS is the best grading service in the world. That said there a TON of people who claim PSA is better for vintage.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I think it's a personal preference for PC, but vintage PSA definitely sells better for some reason. I've cracked quite a few PSA 10's and sent them to BGS and have always gotten them back as 9.5. Both are gem mint so pretty consistent. With this last submission I sent in two still in the PSA case for graded card review. One is a Strahan Pro Set RC PSA 10, I told them 9.5 or leave it in the PSA slab. The other is a Phil Simms RC PSA 9. That one I said BGS 9 or leave it alone. So I'll let you know what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if the Simms came back still PSA.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(06-12-2012, 12:24 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: I think it's a personal preference for PC, but vintage PSA definitely sells better for some reason. I've cracked quite a few PSA 10's and sent them to BGS and have always gotten them back as 9.5. Both are gem mint so pretty consistent. With this last submission I sent in two still in the PSA case for graded card review. One is a Strahan Pro Set RC PSA 10, I told them 9.5 or leave it in the PSA slab. The other is a Phil Simms RC PSA 9. That one I said BGS 9 or leave it alone. So I'll let you know what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if the Simms came back still PSA.
Id bet the PSA set registry is why vintage PSA sells better than BVG. I wish they would get rid of that crap already. Its all a gimmick IMO.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(06-11-2012, 06:46 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Depends on how many you send in...

10 Day
1-19 $14.00

20-99 $12.00

100+ $11.00

plus $2 a pop for each auto...
yikes... that's double... 20 days will be the way for me...

(06-12-2012, 12:07 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: You arent the only that says that. A lot of people say PSA is better than BVG but I just dont see any evidence to prove one way or another. In the end it comes down to preference but I just wish I knew which service was "ACTUALLY" better.

I honestly love BVG grading. No qualifiers is an instant plus!!! I wish both companies used subgrades though!!! While the case doesnt matter much I feel the BVG case is more durable and allows the card to pop. PSA cases are too thin and their red labels are ugly lol.

Here is my BVG 8 Csonka

[Image: 01-10-2012022451AM.jpg]

i agree about the reg labels from PSA being hideous. Bgs obviously blows them away in quality and attractiveness of the holder. There is absolutely no nicer way to display a PC card than with a shiny gold label. Just for fun i have put a Bgs holder underwater for a few days along with throwing it down stairs against walls, etc and it held up like new. keep in mind i did this with a bgs 8.5 1992 bowman brian jordan rc LOL. Im glad people like both companies because theres needs to be competition in the industry for our sake.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]