`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is Buster Posey On The Way To Be A HOF

RE: Is Buster Posey On The Way To Be A HOF
He has to put up many more good seasons to be a hall of famer.

Thee odds are not in his favor.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(06-08-2012, 10:44 PM)hofergreats1 Wrote: No! and ask this question again in 10 years.
Agree with this. Waaay too many people in the hobby worry about the future without paying enough attention to the current game.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

With that start to your collection, I certainly hope so. He is young. If he makes it to the Hall, what you have now will be a lot harder to get your hands on as he gets closer. Hold onto them, and hope for the best.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Waaaay too early to tell. I hope he is but the post mentioning Alomar Jr. and Santiago puts it all in perspective. Too many unforeseen intangibles can trainwreck a potential HOF career.

Those are very nice cards though.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Way too early to tell, but due to my pull of this card out of a pack I won at an arcade, I sure hope so!

[Image: 1.png]
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(06-08-2012, 07:11 PM)djohn Wrote: He is a LONG ways off from HOF talk, however he is definitely a great young player. There have been plenty of great young catchers that have fizzled out as their careers endured. Benito Santiago and Sandy Alomar Jr are the first 2 that come to mind as highly collected catchers when they were rookies. They both had a few great years to start and even had good careers overall but neither is likely to ever make the HOF.
I thought Benito Santiago was gonna be awesome for the Blue Jays when they signed him after his breakout season. Striking out four times in his first game for them was just the beginning of a season to forget.