`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY!!!!!

PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY!!!!!
Can some one please help me identify what year and brand this card is????
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg50...il/001.jpg

RE: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY!!!!!
the card inside that thing? because the whole thing is an aftermarket creation sold in places like kmart.

Yes I know it came from an aftermarket store but I am trying to figure out if I can add it to my org and to see the value

It's by scoreboard from the 1997 Mantle Shoebox set. I dont know if that means it is an aftermarket product.

[Image: %24(KGrHqV,!hcE8nLvl6t,BPrt2v1jPw~~60_58.JPG]

The card inside the frame is from the Mantle Shoebox set. The portion with the random swatch of fabric that may have come from a player's uniform or Mom's old dish rag is an aftermarket creation. Since the card in the frame can be removed the swatch can become "game used" for any player the owner may desire simply by swapping out the card. It can't be added because it is unlicensed by any card company and unfortunately basically worthless.

(06-09-2012, 05:28 PM)josiahcecil Wrote: Yes I know it came from an aftermarket store but I am trying to figure out if I can add it to my org and to see the value
Might bring $20 on eBay

you wont find the aftermarket creation in the opg, but the card itself, as folks stated above, is from the mantle shoebox collection:

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1997/scoreboard-mantle/

your card is number 9 in the set:

www.beckett.com/baseball/1997/scoreboard-mantle/9-mickey-mantle20-time-all-star-4180397

the "game used" part of it...the authenticity isnt strong, to say the least. maybe a little more credible then those KSA cards that came out, but still

Alright thanks a bunch fellas!