`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The National

RE: The National
(06-14-2012, 10:36 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Does the significantly cheaper price include the $20 ($18) it cost to get in? A quick look on the bay shows a box for $90. Do you think they will be less than $70 there?

So you can't just bring wrappers, you have to open it at their booth? Do they record it for promos in case someone opens something really good? That headline on beckett front page the other day tricked me until now. I thought Harper was going to be there. I thought oh that would be cool for people who go. Then I saw the link above and read it more :\ Strangely I wasn't that interested in going when I thought Harper was going to be there. I thought it would be too expensive anyway, but now that I see it's only $20 to get in I'm considering going for a Bowman Platinum box and the redemption set.
I believe I scored the Bowman Platinum boxes for $63 at the show last year. That is significantly cheaper than last years' pre-orders I had on hand. I have an All Access Super VIP pass, so that includes admission for all 5 days.

It looks like I have to go order 2 more baseballs and authentication tickets. They just announced the 2 free autographs during the VIP recption: Oriole All Star Bobby Grich and Tigers star Jack Morris.

In related news, the August issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly will be our Show Issue, which will talk about hitting shows and specifics of the NSCC.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

It was announced today by thePit.com that all VIP members at the show will receive a 1987 Topps Barry Larkin rookie card.

(06-21-2012, 04:57 PM)fulltritty Wrote: It was announced today by thePit.com that all VIP members at the show will receive a 1987 Topps Barry Larkin rookie card.
Ooooh. Exciting.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(06-21-2012, 08:48 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: Ooooh. Exciting.
I know. A $2.50 card that I wouldn't have picked up normally in the first place. I won't complain about free cards though. I can't wait until the other companies announce their VIP freebies.

TriStar just announced the addition to the autograph guest list of.....

MARIANO RIVERA! $249 for any item, $100 for 5 word incription, $249 to get your picture taken with him.

I think I just heard my wallet cry!

I had an idea today. I'm still trying to find out if ebay will allow this first. See if people who can't go but want something signed would pay for their auto cost (player/item) plus $10 or whatever seems fair, ship it to me, I take it to get signed and send back. One of the down sides that I see keeping people from doing that is the cost of the autos, I would want to be there in person to get a picture. For that price people can probably buy a nice card, bat, or whatever. Not to mention trusting me with the coveted item they want signed.

EDIT: Nevermind I see tristar offers this already.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

The Topps VIP set was announced today too:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/06/topp...c-vip-set/

Sportkings VIP set includes 9 random Sportkings puzzle cards which include David Robinson, Gordie Howe, Gale Sayers, Bjorn Borg, Ken Griffey, Jr, Franco Harris, Annika Sorenstam, Man O’ War, and Tito Ortiz.

The 2012 Upper Deck VIP package includes cards from LeBron James, Landon Donovan, Michael Jordan, Sidney Crosby, Tiger Woods and Wayne Gretzky.

Good luck to everyone attending. I hope you find all the stuff you were looking for. I can't wait for my 1/2 day of work to be over tomorrow so I can head up to Baltimore and get the VIP reception started.

Hopefully I can unload my 2011 Triple Threads Sapphire Cano Relic there as I mistakenly purchased the 1/3 and 2/3 of the same relic card on E-bay. It would be nice to find the other relic sapphire cards from the set there too for Cano as the other 3 are the only relics I need to complete the rainbows (minus the 1/1).